• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Malfuntion Indication Lamp

Guys,

We've had rellies staying over for Chinese New Year and my missus have been driving my car.

She reversed out of the drive yesterday and stalled and the malfuntion indication lamp on the dash came on and stayed on all day and night (whilst driving).

I didnt know about this until i saw her at 8pm but was wondering whether anyone know what this could be?

I've checked the manual and its maybe something to do with emissions and best to take it back to the dealer.

I've checked the oil and that seems fine, but i added about 300ml last night but the lamp was still on.

Thought i'd dropped by the dealer this morning but on the way, the lamp went off and stayed off :confused: so i took a detour and went straight to work lol

So would it be best to take it back to the dealer to check it out or was it just a case of low oil?? Anyone else had a similar experience?

Many thanks

Gary

Might of just got confuzzled when the wench stalled it mate, especially if it was cold. Fuelling all over the place etc....

Just keep your eyes peeled on it for the next couple of days ;)

thanks for the reply Lee

i have noticed that teh GM is rattling more due to the cold weather but even if the stalling made the light come on, surely it wouldnt take the whole day to "normalise" again?

thanks for the reply Lee

i have noticed that teh GM is rattling more due to the cold weather but even if the stalling made the light come on, surely it wouldnt take the whole day to "normalise" again?

I don't know tbh mate, but it would make sense the ECU could get confuzzled from being stalled whilst running rich when cold.
If you are worried mate get it to the dealers, but I personally wouldn't worry too much.

Remember my EPS light coming on in the EP3 cos I was sat still for a long time once. Thought that was broken....strange cars :confused:

I'll keep my eyes on it and see if it comes back on.

If it does, then its back to the dealer for them to have it checked out.

I was pretty down about it all y'day as she called me at work around 10am telling me " do you know what this orange light on the dash mean?" so been worrying about it all day and night until i saw the car around 8pm.

Quite sad isnt it lol :oops:

How do i do that Stu?

I was going to unplug the battery and see what happens but like i said, its gone off now

How do i do that Stu?

I was going to unplug the battery and see what happens but like i said, its gone off now

Yeah disconnecting the battery will do it, Or look in the fuse box in the engine bay and pull out the fuse with the 'engine warning' light symbol.

Forgot to update this thread but the following morning, i was heading to the dealer to get them to look at it but after 5 mins, the light came off so diverted and went to work.

i did call my dealer and explained it to them but they just told me to keep my eyes on it and if it comes back on then let them know.

Fortunetly, its been fine since.

Back