• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Management light intermittent on off

My engine management light keeps coming on and going off at random intervals. When ever I have time to check the code it's off. It's off right now. This morning however for the first time, despite being off, the car was struggling to get up the road for a few minutes, jerking and seemed to be losing power.

Then when i turned around for home due to this, it drives fine again. Quite strange.

Obviously i'll check the code if it comes back on, but has anyone got any ideas? Going to check oil again as my first stop but was OK recently. Probably need a trip to Honda.

Just because the light is off doesn't mean there won't be a code.

DTCs are stored in the ECUs memory.

Had it checked today. Faulty O2 sensor, number 1 apparently they have 4. Was told to take it off and wash it see if that helps, usually does. If not looks like need a quote for one. Unless it would be much cheaper to get a second hand one off here?

Couldn't believe how much it costs garages to keep the kit to check codes. Few grand to buy and a large number of thousands per year for upgrades etc and the kit is mandatory.

They have 2 sensors.

It'll be the primary. Closest to the engine.

DO NOT WASH IT!!!

You need to replace it, and not with a crap copy either. You need an original Honda part. Otherwise it will keep failing.

Yes 2 the instrument did say that actually just checked with the person I went with my bad. They did definitely say wash it can sometimes work though.

Do you happen to know a price roughly Stoo? If not i'll give Hendy a shout i guess.

Back