• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold and deact with OEM catback?

Can anyone tell me if I can run a 4-2-1 manifold + decat with the OEM back box? or am I being obscene?:confused:

Can anyone tell me if I can run a 4-2-1 manifold + decat with the OEM back box? or am I being obscene?:confused:

No mate this is fine.

I assume you mean with the OEM B pipe and back box though?

I used to run a DC5 4-2 - Spoon 2-1 decat - Spoon B pipe and the OEM back box.

The sound was very good, deeper and raspy over OEM sound but still very stealth.

I would advise getting a wider B pipe though as the OEM one is very thin and restrictive.

Also if your getting a Header and Decat you should be looking at getting a remap at some stage as you will start to encounter problems and not get teh best from your car.

Thanks mate!

I was only conisdering this alongside the remap i'm planning.

Do you no where I can find myself a good mani and bpipe for a reasonable price?

I hear dc or piper.... but I cant find any consistant feedback on either?!?!?!?

Thanks mate!

I was only conisdering this alongside the remap i'm planning.

Do you no where I can find myself a good mani and bpipe for a reasonable price?

I hear dc or piper.... but I cant find any consistant feedback on either?!?!?!?

If you want to keep the OEM back box but get a better B pipe its Spoon you want, as it works with the OEM BB and is also a great piece of kit. Although you will pay a good price for a Spoon one, but alike all things the good stuff is always expensive.

PM Lecurie as he was selling Spon B pipe not long ago, maybe he still has it.

Same applies for the mani, I have a TODA one and its a amazing poece of kit. The DC sports headers are considered to be verg good and give good gains for half the price of a JDM one.

Best get searching the for sale threads mate :) .

Don't forget the standard back box is also restrictive, the piping being only 1.75" in diameter. Since changing my box for a Spoon N1 my car feels a wee bit faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to keep the OEM back box but get a better B pipe its Spoon you want, as it works with the OEM BB and is also a great piece of kit. Although you will pay a good price for a Spoon one, but alike all things the good stuff is always expensive.

PM Lecurie as he was selling Spon B pipe not long ago, maybe he still has it.

Same applies for the mani, I have a TODA one and its a amazing poece of kit. The DC sports headers are considered to be verg good and give good gains for half the price of a JDM one.

Best get searching the for sale threads mate :) .

Totally with ya mate, but that is a pricey bit of kit especially with todays exchange rates!

Dont think my budget can support that :(

Gona have to stick with DC!
Is the DC a straight change with the oem mani and cat?

To be honest I just want the car to spit and pop..... (a little kiddish I no, but i cant help myself :twisted:)

You can replace the Oem Manifold and Cat with the DC header. But remember you need uprated engine mounts/inserts too. And you will want to change your mid pipe too when you see the bore of it....

Back