• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold cover brackets?

Just recently got my EP3, the previous owner supplied me with the intake manifold cover, with no bolts, so when I popped the bonnet to see about bolting it back on, the brackets that sit behind the fuel rail which it bolts to seem to be missing? Anyone know why this could be, have a receipt showing a 4-1 race manifold was bought for it at some point but this one isn't it I dont think? So maybe they were taken off then but...
Long story short is it possible for me to buy the brackets anywhere or do I need to find a breaking EP3 or something...Or is it something to do with the fuel rail, pic attached.
EDIT: Part No. on manifold reads PRB HF-1, if it's any help.
Cheers guys
95sy0i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not a bad idea for those who run open cones to have an 'M' scoop.

The brackets will have been taken off to stop rattles or to save weight (y0!). There will be plenty of people who have them spare, anyone who's upgraded the intake manifold will have those brackets sitting in their garage or still attached to their engine doing nothing.

Can you not have the brackets for the cover in place on most aftermarket manifolds then? Or do you just mean as in, a lot of people probably discard of the brackets or forget them while swapping out the manifold?
Either way Hamza top man bro, will get brackets and bolts from Lings, thanks for the 1 up! :)

There are OEM brackets for the RRC and RBC but they're different from the PRC brackets.... most people don't bother. Either way, they'll have OEM PRC brackets sat around doing nothing. I think the majority of people leave them assembled onto the block out of laziness.... I certainly did :lol:

Back