• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold Cover

Dynax

The Babysitter
Does it serve any purpose? Need to take mine off to take a look at something..but was wondering is there any purpose replacing it? looks better without imo

Don't think so, as far as I know its just there to make the engine look less enginey. :p

Get rid of it mate, all it does is keeps the hot air from the rad from escaping away from the intake manifold, this is not a good thing for performance. :D

Looks better IMO.

IMG_0124.jpg

Ah other thing...this isnt on a CTR (My EP1)

So its a fairly small thing, but it looks ace as it has 4 twisty pipes behind it...

Looks so much better without imo, and it looks a bitch to remove...so i dont want to have to put it back on! :lol:

www.dynax22.co.uk/old.jpg

Old pic of engine bay, but you can just see it infront of engine...a cover...another reason i want to take it off aswell is it looks really manky as its been on there for 35k miles!

Errr isn't that the exhaust manifold heat shield ? In which case I'd be leaving it exactly where it is unless you want to increase the temperature in your engine bay.

CTR_Paul said:
Errr isn't that the exhaust manifold heat shield ? In which case I'd be leaving it exactly where it is unless you want to increase the temperature in your engine bay.

Anyone? :?

Dynax said:
CTR_Paul said:

CTR_Paul is correct :!:
Comp_guru and Friendy thought you were talking about INLET manifold but didn't realise the 1.4 engine is back to front.

Trung said:
Dynax said:
CTR_Paul said:

CTR_Paul is correct :!:
Comp_guru and Friendy thought you were talking about INLET manifold but didn't realise the 1.4 engine is back to front.

Oooops, should read the question properly next time. :lol: i keep forgetting Dynax has a different car.

Well what you do instead then is to remove that cover and wrap the manifold. :wink:

Just don't ask Trung to help you do it. :roll: :lol:

lol.

How much is the wrap, and anywhere that sells it? Halfords?

How come aftermarket headers dont have this :?:

Back