• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold help needed!!

Hi,
I have a question about which manifold I should go for. I currently own an ep3-facelift & have looked at Toda(which are quite expensive so not going for that) Ive looked at Tegiwa & DCsports which look ok & decent priced. Now Ive got a 2.5'cat-back system so firstly need to know if getting a 2.5' piped mani is worth it(as in gains & losses if any) or anything you guys could recommend that you have tried/are running and has given decent hp. Also have heard that alot of mani's dont pass mot. So if any one can shed some light on that, that would be great. Only one I know doesnt pass is a Japspeed 4-2-1 which is what Im looking for but its something that would pass mot as well.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
most after market manifolds such as toda dc sports tegiwa header's etc are 4 2 1 manifold................these do away with the oem catalyc converter meaning come MOT time your car wont pass the emissions test,

you can either get your standard exhaust system put back on (with cat etc) or find a friendly mot tester who will help you out,

£ for £ the Dc sports 4 2 1 manifolds are hard to beat.........toda's are the best of the best but cost ££££'s to buy new, they wont be a lot in them for the power you'll make so for that reason id go for either a new dc sports mani or a tegiwa header......which is more or the less the same design as the toda ones but for half the price!

Definately a worth while mod when mapped up with k.pro..

As above. Most 4-2-1 Manifolds are an instant MOT fail.

Friendly back street MOT centres are your best bet as replacing the manifold before and after each MOT is a ballache.

Also worth noting it isnt worth getting the above unless you also get K100 or KPro.

Ah thanks for the info, much appreciated!! Just wondering, I take it 4-1 mani's will be the same issue? or are they "shorter"?

As of next year it won't just fail on the emissions either, the new rules state that any car which was sold with a cat must have a cat fitted come mot time.

The only real solution if you don't have a friendly mot tester is a piper manifold with a sports cat, this will allow you to pass the mot but let the exhaust gasses flow better, but obviously it's not as good as a decat system

Or a Spoon manifold. Or J's.

Most people with Toda etc put OEM on for their tests if they don't know a friendly tester.

Back