• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

manifold removal?

has anyone personaly removed their exhaust manifold?

i am thinking of attempting this at the weekend myself on the drive and am wondering if there is any tips into getting it off.

cheers
stu

exhausttro.jpg

Yes I did but it's damn long time ago...

Space is pretty tight, I used jack stands however, with a ramp, it should save alote of sweat :)

If the bolts are not too rusted, you'll be looking at around 1h job...

It's too long ago, might have more info if I did it more recently, sorry...

Might need to put some heat on the CAT bolts if they're being stubborn. Don't what ever you do shear them off, as the bolts are captive to the CAT - major ballache.

Or that could just be the CAT to the B-pipe. I forget :\ Same applies though, be carefull on the bolts. Use Single Hex sockets only, double hex and you're asking for trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did but it's damn long time ago...

Space is pretty tight, I used jack stands however, with a ramp, it should save alote of sweat :)

If the bolts are not too rusted, you'll be looking at around 1h job...

It's too long ago, might have more info if I did it more recently, sorry...

cheers bud, i will also be doing it on jack stands.

i shall expect it to take me 2-3hrs as its tight as fook to get into bits from what i can see so far.

Might need to put some heat on the CAT bolts if they're being stubborn. Don't what ever you do shear them off, as the bolts are captive to the CAT - major ballache.

i was planning on just dropping the mani and cat out at the same time to fit a dc5 mani.

i havn't fitted the mani yet but had a look when i was fitting my front engine mount yesterday and it looks a pita. i gave the relevent bolts a good blast with WD40 yesterday so hopefully i don't get too much grief tomorow

as its a DC5 mani i will be changing to a front JDM ARB with new droplinks so i will be cutting the existing one's off if need be. do the droplinks not undo like the rears with a Hex(Allen) Key and spanner?

How did you get on with this in the end Stu? I know it was a long time ago now but I'm looking to fit a DC5 manifold and a JDM front ARB too. Was hoping to find a step-by-step guide as I'd like to do it myself.

Back