• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MarBras milano FN2 #00252

Hi all.

I've been on here for a few months now so thought I would get a build thread started it will be a work in progress in which i plan on taking my time and enjoying completing my project.

The car in question is a 2007 non-GT (super lightweight version :p) FN2 in Milano Red with 50k miles as well as only 1 previous owner and a full Honda service history.
This is my first Honda with my last and first car being a 2012 1.3 corsa d. So yeah this is a bit of a step up! I absolutely love the car so far! Can't see me getting rid of it anytime soon.

So far i really haven't done much to the car except form a small few touches. I'm going to the states in June for a wee road trip in a Mustang so money is kinda tight until i'm back. So far what i have done is...

Skunk 2 gear knob - great piece of kit, makes the changes so much nicer.
JapSpeed short shifter - I decided to buy this upon a recommendation from a friend, i really like how much shorter this is, it's like night and day.
OEM gaiter - mines was worn.
Club stickers courtesy of mook
Alloys refurbed and painted gloss black
Red "H" for my center caps again courtesy of mook
Climair wind deflectors
Bright white LED main and dipped beam bulbs -
on the way!
Bright white LED sidelights -
on the way!
Bright white LED reverse lights -
on the way!
Bright white LED Number plate bulbs -
on the way!

Future mods...
Milltek or Martellius cat back (most likely Milltek)
HKS RSK induction kit
FRSU
Engine bay dress up (pipes, caps etc)
Mugen wing - maybe a replica as the Mugen is a bit pricey!
Mugen fog light inserts - i dont have fogs anyway so may as well clean it up a bit as well as it being of purpose!
Will be getting it mapped at TDI-north
Roof and mirrors might be going black.
Door handles and petrol cap may be going body coloured or black not sure which yet.

I will be adding to this list but these are the main things i will be doing. Anyway on to the pictures! They have all been taken via my phone and some are screenshots as i no longer had the picture saved but they are still pictures haha!

Screenshot_2015-04-13-12-31-57_zps9mxec9ac.png

Upon pick-up!

Screenshot_2015-04-13-12-31-01_zpsgp5qvhfj.png

Skunk2 gear knob and new gaiter

20150228_090313_zpsc2yooslq.jpg

Beading! and forum stickers

2015-02-23%2022.59.01_zpsyo9thand.jpg

Couldn't resist a snow picture!

IMG-20150218-WA0000_zpsporfh9wk.jpg

Parked next to my mates ST

IMG-20150315-WA0002_zps5md8ptfl.jpeg

Alloys painted gloss black and red "H" placed on my center caps ( thanks mook)

20150315_124650_zpsxp4p2urd.jpg

Side shot of the painted alloys

20150312_140951_zpskbp1qv4n.jpg

number 00252

2015-04-06%2016.52.32_zpssgrnv9vz.jpg

Multi-storey shot!

20150409_120416_zpstejaachy.jpg

Paul Walker tribute

Well that's her. I'll be keeping this updated whenever something is added!
Oh and i know the type r badge on the front is rancid, the previous owner put it on and in the wrong place! Keep forgetting to take it off! Will be buying an OEM one along with side decals fairly soon.

Cheers,
MarBras

Last edited by a moderator:
well my dad had a wee shot of my car yesterday which I kept encouraging him to do!

Anyway I received a very apologetic phone call of him telling me he'd accidently kerbed my front drivers alloy :mad:
so that's back on the agenda to get fixed! These things happen I guess and at least he's paying for it haha!

Lights also arrived yesterday and were installed. Million times better visibility and looks wise! I'll get a few pictures up in the next few days of those!

Nice looking car you have there, only thing i'm not keen on is the black wheels, but thats just personal preference

Don't know how much a wheel repair will cost but it may be cheaper to buy a new wheel.

There was a one on ebay the other for £60 i think if it's still there.

Peter

Thanks guys!
Ahh fair enough Peter.
I know black alloys have been to death and aren't everybodies cup of tea but they look a lot nicer in the flesh. Was well chuffed when they were done.

Normally I'd agree with getting a new wheel. However I have a mate whose dads owns a spray shop and previously had the wheels refurbed and painted for only £40 he's gonna repair it for a case of beer so my dad gave off a sigh of relief haha

Haha I still looking for you Rich was there early last Wednesday about 10.20 had a look but couldn't see you!

Also thoughts on yellow calipers? With black type and red R?
We're originally going red to match the car but I can't help but be intrigued by yellow haha!

Looks a lovely car! I'm a huge fan of black wheels on EVERYTHING so you've got a thumbs up from me.

Pretty much every caliper colour will look good behind the black wheels, but it definitely needs to blend work with the red too. Yellow could work, or maybe Takata green? Have been tempted to do mine that colour, but haven't got the balls to do it! :)

Thanks Welshy! :)
I do love the Takata green but like you I really don't have the balls to do it!! Haha

I think I'm torn between red and yellow. Red seems really common but always looks good against the black alloys.
yellow is a bit different! But I'm cautious as to Wether it would work with the red!

Looked sharp as a pin that day I saw you on Arthur's Seat in this! If you're interested in stretching its legs a bit come out on a run this weekend, 9:30am at S Queensferry: we'll be doing about 180 miles!

Cheers shifty! Love the noise the vette gave off that day!
I would have loved to come man but unfortunately I work most weekends at the moment due to being at uni during the week.
I'm defo keen for a few drives during the summer though so I'll be in contact for sure!

Thanks har-very. As far as I know it's oem springs on it. If I'm honest I haven't had the time to check properly haha. I do plan on getting the FRSU done later this year and lowering it 15mm possibly as there is still some arch space that looks like it shouldn't be there haha!

Small update.

Lights inside as well as outside have been upgraded. I felt that the standard lights were really lacking and frustrated whilst driving on dark roads. This in mind i decided to buy;
dipped beam H7 bulbs
Full beam H1 bulbs
LED side lights
LED number plate lights
LED reverse lights which i fear may need to be swapped for MOT due to them being mega bright! Only time they are on is when i'm reversing so i'm not too bothered about them just now.
I also added some red LED lights for the interior and a red festoon for the rear courtesy light i don't have any pictures of these as they don't emit a lot of light, just look cool haha!

The main bulbs are all halogen with xenon gas. I was going to go down the HID route however the constant argument on legality and the fact i have reflector lights, made it obvious to go with bright white xenon filled halogen bulbs to keep my car road legal.

Anyway... PICTURES

20150424_023056_zpsjs2lr0au.jpg

Sidelights

20150424_023129_zpszejr5yte.jpg

Headlights

20150424_023157_zps5l6jhgxr.jpg

Numberplate bulbs

20150424_023240_zpst8f0hqiy.jpg

Jailbait reverse lights

There's no law on the brightness of reverse lights and from what I can tell, the brighter the better. These serve a dual purpose of letting people know you're reversing and also lighting up the road behind you so you can see where you're going in times of poor lighting.

Peter.

Thanks for that Peter.
I agree, since having these installed it's much easier to see where I'm going whilst reversing compared to the standard bulbs.

Proper mods! I need to do something about my reverse lights as well actually. It was fine using them before but now reversing into a garage with 20% rear glass tint = almost blind.

Thanks shifty!
I always think a nice set of lights, set a car off! Ahh jeez I can imagine that will be a bit murder with dull lights. I threw some mega LEDs in mines and they visibility is intense!!

What's your guys opinion on the type r kits stuff? Having a look on their website and the quality looks brilliant and they look exact replicas too.

I know some people like to stick to the genuine parts and to be honest if i could afford mugen styling parts I would, but these parts just look fantastic.

Your guys thoughts?

I've got genuine mugen spoiler and vented wings but want to complete the look with the rear diffuser and front splitter but can't afford the genuine Mugen ones.

Was looking at the cheap ones on eBay and Loxy suggested the type r kits stuff as they seem to be a decent fit.

Back