• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Marshall's Satin EP3

Hi guys, thought I would finally make a thread about my 2002 Satin Silver Pre-Facelift EP3!

I got the car a couple of days after I turned 20 at the end of May 2013, and I love it to pieces! So far I’ve owned a 2002 1.4 Saxo Furio (Whenever it rained it killed all of the electric and lights) so that was fun! I then had a 2007 Corsa 1.2 that was a piece of *****, slow, heavy, felt like you were driving a bouncy castle when turning corners and eventually eat its own head gasket and went to the great scrapyard in the sky!

My EP3 had 109k when I got it, and is now on 115k, I got the car from a mechanic at a Honda dealership and it had been very well looked after, religious services, good tyres, good MOT history. Had a few mods on it, S2000 air filter, rare red Euro-R Recaros (They didn’t come with the car unfortunately as they were another £500, shame as I have never seen another pair like them, same style as Premier EP3 but a much darker red) and 1x vibratechnics gearbox mount, OEM front, rear mounts with Energy inserts fitted and OEM o/s engine mount, new anti-roll bar drop link with OEM links, replaced the a/c condenser, all 4 OEM alloys refurbed and powder coated in BMW ice white, and Bridgestone RE050's, rears are Conti Contact3's. 6K HID's, Oh, and a genuine FD2 gear knob.
biggrin.png

I paid £2700 for the car and was happy with it.

Another thing worth mentioning is the paint! It had been machine polished with 3 cutting agents, clay barred, polished etc. and it looks amazing in the light! I regularly give it a double bucket wash, autoglym super resin polish and then dodo juice wax to keep it looking nice!

Anyway enough talking here are some pics of when I first got her:

I then took a few of my own pictures when I got home, they were terrible quality but I just wanted to get some
biggrin.png

I then installed the following mods:

• Unsilenced sportex mid pipe
  • M2 angled back box
  • Painted the grille gloss black and debadged the Type R logo
  • Luke tow strap
  • Benen tow hook
  • 12x6 rear plate
  • Stripped out interior

Then I got bored and made a few more changes!

I painted my headlight inserts satin black:

And yes that filter has been replaced since!

I also bought some Cobra Daytona seats! But need to find some rails first to mount them too.

I then did the following:

• Took off the tow hook
  • Took off the tow strap
  • Took off the M2 backbox
  • Fitted a Spoon N1 rep (Pops and bangs like crazy with the un-silenced centre pipe)
  • Fitted a weighted neo-chrome gearknob
  • Painted the interior white (Looks odd now but waiting to put my red seats and doorcards in to match it)
  • Fitted Gold lower control arms
  • Fitted a Gold lower tie bar
  • 12x6 front plate
  • Put the rear seats back in
  • Polished her up!
Pic of the LCA’s and tie bar:

And here are some pictures I took yesterday!

Future plans are:

• Lower it 30mm with a FRSU
  • Mugen rep rear wing.
  • Mugen rep grille.
  • Mugen rep splitter.
  • New alloys, something Rota bronze or polished deep dish style, but I would love some polished rota Slipstreams.
  • Manifold, decat and kpro so I can get a good map on it
  • DC5 rails for my Cobra seats.
Im sure I’ve forgotten loads, but happy to hear what you guys think!

Thanks for reading, Dan
biggrin.png

Very clean looking EP3 mate, a lot of car for £2.7k :)

Think the white interior looks good with having the white wheels but would spray the centre caps if you decided to keep the OEM wheels.

Look forward to the future updates.

well nice, good price, whos is the white ep3? mines getting done white soon, I also have a mugen style grille. I was going to fit it but decided against it now... good progress

Not sure who's the white one is mate, first couple of pictures are from the previous owners garage :(

Regarding the M2 vs N1 rep, the M2 sounded nice on full chat, but 1-3k RPM it sounded just a little farty with the un-silenced mid section, and STUPIDLY loud, I eventually had the police pay me a visit and ask me to keep the noise down :p The N1 with un-silenced is still very loud, but a lot more raspy and more of a 'smooth' sound if you get me? No sudden fart noises :D

My friend has also run both with a silenced mid section, and I have to say with the silenced mid pipe the M2 wins!

If you log in to FB and go to this link you'll see a video of how mine sounds at the moment, my mate filmed me going past:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202406518358648&set=vb.1664032763&type=2&theater

Hope that helps :D

Thanks Man!

Might have to pull my finger out and get a M2 then as iv been meaning to for a while :-D!

sounds awesome that n1, I have japspeed mani, de cat, but center box n n1 rep back box, If I take centre box out will mine sound like this?

Mine had the standard manifold and cat, so without the center pipe and with your manifold and decat it will probably sound mental haha

Mine had the standard manifold and cat, so without the center pipe and with your manifold and decat it will probably sound mental haha

haha, awesome, gna get 1 of my mates to make me a centre section with box removed see what its like after that lol

Your car looks beautiful I bought mine a week ago for 1400 head gasket had gone on it and it's had a minor bump which was unrepaired it's a cat d it's costing me 1700 on the road pre facelift do you think it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good price an on the road EP3 mate :D

Done some deep cleans now the weather is starting to improve to get all the winter rubbish off! Unfortunatly the winter has killed my wheels, so im getting them refurbed satin black soon
icon_cool.gif
I like the white wheels, and the fact you dont see it much on silver cars, but they're just a nightmare to keep clean.

Fully degreased mine and my friends engine bays, looking nice and clean now, silly me forgot to get any pictures of the actual engine bays however...

Then we installed an unsilenced centre pipe on his EP3, now we both have unsilenced N1 reps, sounds like concorde when we're both having a spirited drive!

Had a day fitting my mates coilovers on his saxo, currently rebuilding a VTS lump with him for his with new cams and throttle bodys, polished head ect, he's expecting around 165bhp, will be a very quick little car as its fully stripped too!

Dirty car but took a pic of my LCA's and Beaks bar:

Then we spent 3 hours in a petrol station doing a full clean, polish, wheels, tyres, wax ect.

ALSO! im on the lookout for DC5 rails if anyone is selling any
thumbs-up.gif

Nice bit of beading from last night, the girlfriend couldnt understand why I was taking pictures of water on my car :rolleyes:

Another quick clean today:

Also found a powder coating company who will do all 4 wheels, repair, powder coat them black, and re-balance for £140 including VAT
biggrin.png
Only problem is that I dont have my locking nut key, and nor do I have the code, so i'll be hammering on a socket to try and remove them soon, not too fussed if a mark the alloys as they're getting re-done anyway.

Took my wheels to a tiny little garage run by a single man as he was the only one around who would break off locking wheel nuts without the key!

Also got myself a JDM Pikachu mascot...

AND THEN MY WHEELS! So happy with the result, cost me £140 all in including rebalancing and VAT, full bare metal refurb, I also have some smooth gold hammerite for my calipers to break it up a bit but havent painted yet, and some forged steel wheel nuts:

Car looks a lot better now, but is screaming to be dropped 30mm... Im now happy with the looks apart from maybe a mugen wing, now for a 30mm drop, FRSU, JDM ARB and then i'll start chasing power.

Look foward to what everyone thinks!

Back