• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Martin's 2002 Nighthawk EP3

Well got her last friday in pretty good nick apart from a couple stone chips on bonnet & scuff on passenger side splitter which can be fixed easy!

Not a lot of great deal mod's done to it at the moment but....this is the mods the car came with,

Tegiwa Induction kit
Custom made 3" Powerflow exhaust system & decat (probably change this but not sure)
Lowered dont know how low lol
Drilled and grooved front and rear brakes
Rear camber
Debadged
JVC KD-AVX20 ICE

I am thinking of spraying the wheels (not black as i am bored with black on black as i did that on my saxo & i did gloss white) maybe gun metal grey or that grey that begins with an A can't remember what its called lol? I ordered some wind deflectors on ebay yesterday so hopefully they arrive in post tomorrow!

Pics of car...

20140317_134740_zps0057482b.jpg

1_zps1fd937bc.jpg

2_zps914327e8.jpg

3_zpsaf93817e.jpg

4_zpsdf93f1cc.jpg

5_zpsb3d77792.jpg

6_zps1e7e04f5.jpg

Need to clean her up a bit more, also the car came with the mud flaps don't know if i like them may take them off. I do like the rear number plate, probably not everyones cup of tea!

Well that is the car as of now will keep updates on future mods!

Last edited by a moderator:
14cg18j.jpg

Torques^ :smt054:smt054 but if your after grids keep an eye out for second hand set, you will get them handy enough for reasonable money, I actually got offered to swap rota grids for my standard ep3 wheels few weeks ago

they do look nice on that white ctr, wish i had a white ctr now lol. really they offered a straight swap :eek: i might have to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand set :D

Nice example of an EP3. Not massively keep on the mud flaps, but they do serve a purpose.

Just one question about your Saxo, why did you run a 1.1 gearbox on the 1.6 16v motor? Sorry but Im curious.

Nice example of an EP3. Not massively keep on the mud flaps, but they do serve a purpose.

Just one question about your Saxo, why did you run a 1.1 gearbox on the 1.6 16v motor? Sorry but Im curious.

Thanks mate, yeah am undecided on the mud flaps!

well since the car was originally a vtr and when i swapped the engine to the vts i didn't get a gear box included, i ran it with the vtr box and was very long gear's. the vts has a shorter ratio but the 1.1 also had pretty much the same ratio's and was cheaper so i got one for £40 and never had a problem.

well since the car was originally a vtr and when i swapped the engine to the vts i didn't get a gear box included, i ran it with the vtr box and was very long gear's. the vts has a shorter ratio but the 1.1 also had pretty much the same ratio's and was cheaper so i got one for £40 and never had a problem.

Thought it might have been a shorter ratio. Although I didnt know the VTS was shorter than the VTR. Cheers pal.

No worries pal, the vtr box is near identical to the diesel ratio of the saxo range lol.

I had a VTR for a few weeks last winter when I took my EP3 off the road. I always thought it could have used a shorter ratio. I keep thinking about buying another Saxo to abuse on track days.

Nice car mate. Grids are a good choice, had them on my Milano ep3 a couple of years ago. I've now got rota boosts on my cosmic ep3 and there pretty light. Just got rid of a set of 3 piece work split rims. I think grid drifts look amazing and that would of been my first choice. Keep up the good work.

I had a VTR for a few weeks last winter when I took my EP3 off the road. I always thought it could have used a shorter ratio. I keep thinking about buying another Saxo to abuse on track days.

yeah saxo's are a good choice for a track day!

Nice car mate. Grids are a good choice, had them on my Milano ep3 a couple of years ago. I've now got rota boosts on my cosmic ep3 and there pretty light. Just got rid of a set of 3 piece work split rims. I think grid drifts look amazing and that would of been my first choice. Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate, yeah am leaning towards Grids. I shall keep her good :lol:

Back