• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Maximum Boost

RKHAN,
If this was a CPL fuuck up I will fit and supply a replacement engine for £1000 to help you out mate. I don't like the smell of this at all.

Dan

www.dmfperoformanceparts.com

I would jump on this, nice gesture from Dan there
thumbsup.gif

You lot have got me all neruous, as my car is on the rollers on thursday, fist time since the Turbo was fitted a year ago.
I hope it goes off without a hitch! fingers crossed.

You lot have got me all neruous, as my car is on the rollers on thursday, fist time since the Turbo was fitted a year ago.
I hope it goes off without a hitch! fingers crossed.

I'm sure you have nowt to worry about - there is more to this story than meets the eye.......

I ain't going into specifics - sorry. I know it sucks but thats how it has to be.

Cressie - there is over 50 CPL turbos on the road, all running around the 300bhp mark..... Your car is well looked after etc. Which is also key to having a modded car, bet its running V-power all the time etc..... you have nothing to worry about with your turbo setup dude ;)

Think people get blinkered when they see a posted issue like this. Underlying there was over a year between engine failures and in that time how does anyone know how the car was looked after, what fuel was used, whether boost was adjusted etc etc.

End of day with modded cars, **** happens at more regular intervals than if it was kept standard.

EOTD the last time I looked CPL was a tuner.....not a charity.:lol:

S/C aren't as stressful on the engines as a turbo and seem to have far less problems so you should be ok:)

I ain't going into specifics - sorry. I know it sucks but thats how it has to be.

Cressie - there is over 50 CPL turbos on the road, all running around the 300bhp mark..... Your car is well looked after etc. Which is also key to having a modded car, bet its running V-power all the time etc..... you have nothing to worry about with your turbo setup dude ;)

Had to change the Dyno session to Tuesday, so not done yet.
My car is running better than ever, as i only drive at the weekend it feels quick every time i get in it.
Have now moved the battery to the boot and it looks good in the spare wheel indent with plating smoothing it all off.

Extremely nice gesture from Mr Ferrett. Jump on it mate!

So, that's two engines CPL have blown on you? As much as they have a good record,

I don't use them and never will. But it's all down to who you prefer, attitude of the tuner and the helpfulness.

Stick to TDI-North mate, or even take a visit to Mr Ferrett! Try someone else now, especially if its two.

1st engine blew up on the dyno when the customer was told not to go more boost until a built engine.
2nd engine blew up after 15 months of useage - not knowing what has been done to it.

Yea CPL are a fault there for sure.... every car they touch should be warranted for life......

People call up etc..... Yea you tuned my car about 2 years ago, the exhaust has a hole in it now...... was it something you did?? FFS..... and thats a true story BTW.

1st engine blew up on the dyno when the customer was told not to go more boost until a built engine.
2nd engine blew up after 15 months of useage - not knowing what has been done to it.

Yea CPL are a fault there for sure.... every car they touch should be warranted for life......

People call up etc..... Yea you tuned my car about 2 years ago, the exhaust has a hole in it now...... was it something you did?? FFS..... and thats a true story BTW.

Whose dyno did the 1st engine expire on ???

It expired on the CPL dyno when the customer was advised not to increase the boost on the stock engine, he did not want to take Guy's advise and wanted to press on with the boost increase....... then we all know what happened.

Back