• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

May need a new bonnet - standard Vs CF?

Well, after a slight incident that was totally not my fault - great big apple landed on the bonnet and now have a big dent but it's in a part where they can't get to it to push it out (just where the ridge above the headlight starts), I may be needing to purchase a new bonnet :(

Not too sure what to do - current bonnet is 3 years old and full of stone chips - .

How much will a new bonnet cost me - standard Honda one in nighthawke black? Any idea of cost including fitting?

Alternatively, may consider putting a CF one on. I plan to sell the car early next year, but just thought a CF one would prevent any more stone chips showing so the car would look better for re-sale.

Thanks in advance

C

If you are selling then a CF bonnet would seem to be a little pointless IMHO.

Not sure on the price of a new Bonnet from Honda (painted) but Dave S works in a dealership and a PM to him will be useful. :wink:

New bonnet is approx £150.

As Scouse said PM Davey or ADH for a quote.

thanks for that - £150 sounds pretty good - is that fully supplied and fitted cost?

Who is ADH?

PM goes to Davey or Dave S?

thanks!

Go_fish said:
thanks for that - £150 sounds pretty good - is that fully supplied and fitted cost?

Who is ADH?

PM goes to Davey or Dave S?

thanks!

ADH is alan Day Honda.

Dave S is the same here as Davey 2 on CTRO. :lol:

Fittting a bonnet is an absolute doddle Go_, So you can save a few pence that way. I have a Carbon bonnet and it seems generaly less susseptable to stonechips. However I managed to pick up a fluke one, quite large on the lip at the pivot edge. Fortunately Matt managed to fix it for me.

Friendy said:
Mark43 said:
New bonnet is approx £150.

As Scouse said PM Davey or ADH for a quote.

That's a good price local Honda quoted me £260

Well in that case i hope i am not wrong. :shock: :lol:

Mark you could be correct local Honda don't like me as I took their car for 5 or 6 test drives, then bought one off the net for alot less.

Thanks scouse and Mark, we have exchanged pm's, if a new bonnet is fitted then the £260 price is probably nearer the mark but I don't know the price of the part.
The £260 approx would of course hopefully include painting and paint materials and VAT.
Thinking about that it does still sound cheap.

Anyway, my advise was to contact a certain bodyshop that I use for my own and the dealers body repairs and see what can be done for a repair.
They are excellent in terms of quality of repair and paint.

Dave S said:
There ya go then ...........

Friendy by name and Friendy by nature

Have a nice day.

God your not my Dad are you he used to use a similar phrase when he used to work. :lol:

No, I don't think I'm your dad, whats your mums name? :D

They were calling me God in the workshop the other day though - could be something to do with an apprentice who thought he ran the place.

£500-£550ish for BuddyClub or Vis Racing Mugen style

but not worth it as Scouse said earlier if you are going to sell the car soon..

You will lose £200 when selling it 2nd hand next year.

Mark43 said:
£500-£550ish for BuddyClub or Vis Racing Mugen style

but not worth it as Scouse said earlier if you are going to sell the car soon..

You will lose £200 when selling it 2nd hand next year.

So buy it now and sell it to me next year :lol:

Back