• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Megs swirl mark remover

Right now i'm not on about Scratch X here guys and gals. I have been chatting to a guy who lives local to me, who has started up as a detailer (we got taking via the megs forum). Anyway a week sunday we'e gonna meet up and give the CTR a 'proper' seeing too to get her even more shiney then normal.

Anyway he tells me that he has some Megs swirl removing stuff (not Scratch X). anyone else know what stuff he's on about ad whether i shoulod proceed with caution knowing how crap/thin the CTR paintwork is???

From looking on the Megs web, other than Scratch X i can only find this stuff
M0916_Swirl_Remover.gif
A deep gloss cleaner/polish
Removes fine scratches and swirl marks, while providing a dark, dramatic shine
Formulated to reduce splatter and make application and wipe-down easier
Safe for use in the paint shop

as i say any experts got any thoughts about using this stuff????

Hmmm, ok just found this aswell if anyone has any thoughts:-
M8232_Swirl_Free_Polish.gif
High performance polish eliminates swirl marks fast
Specially blended polish with cleaning power removes fine scratches
Smooth, fast application and easy wipe-off
Restores a glistening “new paint†shine
Paintable! Safe for use in the paint shop

Kev - Iirc a couple of layers of a decent wax will hide swirls.

OK, they are still there, but unless your gonna clean the car with a PC then it's hard work by hand apparently.

From what I've read 3 layers is best, after that there is no further benefit.

Only what I've read mate, hope it helps though :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
Kev - Iirc a couple of layers of a decent wax will hide swirls.

OK, they are still there, but unless your gonna clean the car with a PC then it's hard work by hand apparently.

From what I've read 3 layers is best, after that there is no further benefit.

Only what I've read mate, hope it helps though :wink:

Cool, cheers bud, he/we will be using a PC from what i understand as as you mention doing it all by hand will take some effort.

I do have approx 2 layes of NXT wax on it at the mo but when the sun shines the swirls are defo noticable and it pi$$'s me off. It was fine until the dealers washed it on it's 1st service. They did have it prffessionally mopped (whatever that is) but it's never been the same (swirl free) since. :( :( Hence this this detailing chap and me are gonna give it a good ol' seeing too. :twisted:

If this detailing fella is using a PC it will come out better than when first sprayed @ the factory mate.

Some of these blokes are very skilled & worth every penny you pay em imo.

Looking forward to the pics :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
If this detailing fella is using a PC it will come out better than when first sprayed @ the factory mate.

Some of these blokes are very skilled & worth every penny you pay em imo.

Looking forward to the pics :wink:

Phew, now thats just what i wanted to hear - although i'm helping it's still the "Hmmm, am i safe to let anyone else touch/clean my baby". :oops: :oops:

Plenty of pics will be posted when done.

You coming to the ADH meet on the 1st July?? as i should be there and you could see the results in the flesh.

monkey boy kev said:
Phew, now thats just what i wanted to hear - although i'm helping it's still the "Hmmm, am i safe to let anyone else touch/clean my baby". :oops: :oops:

You coming to the ADH meet on the 1st July?? as i should be there and you could see the results in the flesh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't chicken curry about it mate, honestly some of these boys' work is nothing short of amazing Kev, so chill :wink:

Looking forward to pics, unfortunately mate I'm away on hols when that meet takes place, but I should be @ JAE 8)

SpaceMonkey said:
monkey boy kev said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't chicken curry about it mate, honestly some of these boys' work is nothing short of amazing Kev, so chill :wink:

Looking forward to pics, unfortunately mate I'm away on hols when that meet takes place, but I should be @ JAE 8)

Ah ha, no worries, sadly i'm not at JAE so will meet you another time i would imagine. Look out for the piccy's

This might be of interest to you Kev

It was posted up on my local forum about someone asking how to get their black CTR shiny, even after using megs wax etc.

Have to admit - the foum might be full of chavs, but my god what a cracking post 8)

WX51 TXR said:
Graeme (gruff) from the Civic Type R forum contacted me months ago to ask advice about sorting out his swirly and marred Civic, but it’s taken this long to find a mutually convenient slot in the diary (not helped by me having to cancel one appointment at short notice due to falling ill). However, it was well worth the wait, as I really enjoyed this one, and he was delighted with the results! When I first saw the car it didn’t look too bad, but after setting up the halogen lighting the full extent of the defects become apparent. Heavy swirls, heavy marring and numerous scratches were afflicting every panel. The paint also felt very rough, despite having been clayed only a few months ago. Graeme had kindly washed and dried the car the night before, so we started straight away with the clay, and then proceeded with a long spell of machine polishing. After correcting virtually all of the defects (very happy with this one!), I then went on to finish with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. This product is really something - I’ve not come across another sealant that looks so wet, whilst still allowing the flake to pop so much in the sun. Here’s the process in full…

Clay

Meguiars Mild Detailing Clay (very gentle, didn’t want to add more marring)
Poorboy’s Spray & Wipe
Excess lubricant mopped up with waffle weave towels

Polish

Whole car taped with 3434, then machine polished with PC, using Menzerna Final Polish II and Lake Country white polishing pads. The first go with the Final Polish II removed all of the clay marring and most of the swirls, but still left some of the scratches visible. Another pass took care of these, leaving a finish that I would say was 99% corrected. What surprised me was just how soft Honda paint is. I had read that it was soft, but full correction with just two goes with Final Polish II?! Damn, no wonder it marrs so easily! All residues were buffed with Poorboy’s Super Thick n Plush towels, and the quality of the finish left by the Final Polish II didn’t require any further glazing step – it was awesome.

Protect

All bodywork protected with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, applied using a microfibre pad and buffed using Poorboy's Mega Plush towels. All exterior trims left alone, as they were in perfect order and did not need dressing. Exhaust tips polished with Autosol and protected with Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh, both applied using Poorboy’s Work Towels. Wheels were in perfect condition (a credit to Graeme), tyres dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel.

And here’s the pics…

typer1.jpg

Clay marring and swirls…

typer2.jpg

typer3.jpg

Heavy swirls and cobwebbing…

typer4.jpg

typer5.jpg

Two goes with Menzerna Final Polish II, and 99% correction is achieved (left side done, right side untouched)…

typer6.jpg

After 8 hours work, time to take it outside and inspect. As the first flash of sunlight hits the car as the garage door opens…

typer7.jpg

…the flake literally explodes!

typer8.jpg

typer9.jpg

typer10.jpg

typer11.jpg

Graeme, the owner, looking rather pleased!

typer12.jpg

typer13.jpg

typer14.jpg

Apologies for including my ugly mug, but I couldn’t resist!

:)

Hope it answers a little bit :lol:

monkey boy kev said:
Anyway he tells me that he has some Megs swirl removing stuff (not Scratch X). anyone else know what stuff he's on about ad whether i shoulod proceed with caution knowing how crap/thin the CTR paintwork is???

The CTR paint isn't any thinner than other manufacturers, i've measured it. :wink:

Neily03 said:
monkey boy kev said:

The CTR paint isn't any thinner than other manufacturers, i've measured it. :wink:

Is just softer than most then?

Neily03 said:
monkey boy kev said:

Cheers bud, i feel more releaved at reading this.

Welsh-Rich said:
This might be of interest to you Kev

It was posted up on my local forum about someone asking how to get their black CTR shiny, even after using megs wax etc.

Have to admit - the foum might be full of chavs, but my god what a cracking post 8)

WX51 TXR said:
Graeme (gruff) from the Civic Type R forum contacted me months ago to ask advice about sorting out his swirly and marred Civic, but it’s taken this long to find a mutually convenient slot in the diary (not helped by me having to cancel one appointment at short notice due to falling ill). However, it was well worth the wait, as I really enjoyed this one, and he was delighted with the results! When I first saw the car it didn’t look too bad, but after setting up the halogen lighting the full extent of the defects become apparent. Heavy swirls, heavy marring and numerous scratches were afflicting every panel. The paint also felt very rough, despite having been clayed only a few months ago. Graeme had kindly washed and dried the car the night before, so we started straight away with the clay, and then proceeded with a long spell of machine polishing. After correcting virtually all of the defects (very happy with this one!), I then went on to finish with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. This product is really something - I’ve not come across another sealant that looks so wet, whilst still allowing the flake to pop so much in the sun. Here’s the process in full…

Clay

Meguiars Mild Detailing Clay (very gentle, didn’t want to add more marring)
Poorboy’s Spray & Wipe
Excess lubricant mopped up with waffle weave towels

Polish

Whole car taped with 3434, then machine polished with PC, using Menzerna Final Polish II and Lake Country white polishing pads. The first go with the Final Polish II removed all of the clay marring and most of the swirls, but still left some of the scratches visible. Another pass took care of these, leaving a finish that I would say was 99% corrected. What surprised me was just how soft Honda paint is. I had read that it was soft, but full correction with just two goes with Final Polish II?! Damn, no wonder it marrs so easily! All residues were buffed with Poorboy’s Super Thick n Plush towels, and the quality of the finish left by the Final Polish II didn’t require any further glazing step – it was awesome.

Protect

All bodywork protected with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, applied using a microfibre pad and buffed using Poorboy's Mega Plush towels. All exterior trims left alone, as they were in perfect order and did not need dressing. Exhaust tips polished with Autosol and protected with Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh, both applied using Poorboy’s Work Towels. Wheels were in perfect condition (a credit to Graeme), tyres dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel.

And here’s the pics…

typer1.jpg

Clay marring and swirls…

typer2.jpg

typer3.jpg

Heavy swirls and cobwebbing…

typer4.jpg

typer5.jpg

Two goes with Menzerna Final Polish II, and 99% correction is achieved (left side done, right side untouched)…

typer6.jpg

After 8 hours work, time to take it outside and inspect. As the first flash of sunlight hits the car as the garage door opens…

typer7.jpg

…the flake literally explodes!

typer8.jpg

typer9.jpg

typer10.jpg

typer11.jpg

Graeme, the owner, looking rather pleased!

typer12.jpg

typer13.jpg

typer14.jpg

Apologies for including my ugly mug, but I couldn’t resist!

:)

Hope it answers a little bit :lol:

Bud, cheers for posting this, mine is not quite that bad (i try my best to keep her in tip top order) but sadly since the dealers scratched it when she was serviced 1st timwe round it's never been the same (even after they had id proffesssionally (sp?) mopped) :x .

Seeing the finished article has put a smile on my face and if mine looks anything close to that i'll be a seriously happy chap.

just used the menzerra intensive polish and blackfire wet look paint sealant and i can vouch for them.
bit of hard work by hand but well worth it.
different shade of blue altogether after it 8)

SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:
monkey boy kev said:

Is just softer than most then?

IMO its seems pretty hard.... that may be the problem, that hard its brittle. :wink:

greg said:
just used the menzerra intensive polish and blackfire wet look paint sealant and i can vouch for them.
bit of hard work by hand but well worth it.
different shade of blue altogether after it 8)

Where do you get this stuff from?? Any idea on price??

Back