• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Meister R Coilovers seized....

Hi Guys, After trying to adjust the ride height I have found out that the coilovers have seized. As a result both c spanners are fubar'd. :(

Anyone have any ideas ?

Craig

I tried yesterday but its not budging whatsoever, Even welded the C Spanners to a bar to try and get some leverage. I'm close to scrapping them TBH.

How have the c spanners been fubar'ed?

I've knocked the hell out of c spanners in the past and not damaged them

I'm assuming you've got a spring compressor on and have jacked the car in the air? Removing any prior load on the nut is a must before trying to adjust

Yes shaenei, They simply twisted and bent out of shape . I will have a look over in the field where it ended up after losing my temper and throwing it over the fence. Should not be to hard to find. :lol:

Contact MeisterR and seee what he says? I'm sure he's still active on the forum.

This is the result of slipping off the C Spanner. :mad:

2938utv.jpg

Out of interest, what model MeisterR coilovers have you got and how long have they been on the car?

Has Jerrick commented yet?

Yeah Jerrick has been very helpful tbh.

They have been on around 18months iirc, and they are the Zeta-R ones.

Did you regularly check and grease them prior?

This is something that coilovers, irrespective of what brand they, are susceptible to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong I don't doubt for one moment this is down to the meisters being defective in anyway. They have been faultless for 18months and would of continued to be if I had not have attempted to adjust the ride height. I did not grease them or any maintenance at all. This is most likely the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back