• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mike's 2004 NHB CTR

Been on here for a while now since I bought the car in July 2014, so I thought it was about time I put some pics up and the fact I now have a decent camera :)

It took a while but after looking for a bit, travelling to a few places. I found one just down the road from me and here I am :)

It's a 2004 with only 45000 miles on the clock when I bought it, car had a few little mods on it already too such as:

Rear lights
Exhaust
Wind Deflectors
Air pipe from the front bumper going into the original airbox
Wheels
Also the windows have been tinted with like a half mirrored tint

Bodywork was in mint condition apart from the odd stone chip etc. It does now have a dent on the top off the bonnet though, looks like a ball of some kind has landed on it, which is quite annoying but hopefully it won't cost much to sort out.

Anyway here's some pics of how she looks now

Civic_zpsrxlbgnzl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2119_zpsci6mbha6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2125_zpsednyskdk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2127_zpscktzlg3j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2128_zpspurksvuv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Think the exhaust maybe a custom one, as I've checked all over it and I can't find any branding on it. Any ideas welcome.

IMG_2129_zps9tfod8io.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2131_zps3qtaktqf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2133_zpso9rohfav.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2132_zpsnwxleow3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Since having the car I haven't done much, my 1st purchase was for some replacement mats as the ones in it were on their last legs (carpets worn in a bit now as bought when I 1st picked it up)

IMG_2115_zpsa29wrugw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've had to replace the battery as it had died when I came back from holiday, then would only hold charge for a day. I also sorted out the door handle inserts as they were quite worn, then was onto changing the head unit and replaced the gear knob with a skunk 2 one after researching on here for little mods I could do, got a good price and can feel the difference in the gear changes.

IMG_2135_zpsakxpy0xe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2136_zpsmayan9bs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In the engine bay all I've done is put a mugen oil cap (which I'm going to change as the colour isn't what I was hoping it would be from the pics)

IMG_2118_zps1r2ihblj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

then I've just recently purchased a new mugen radiator cap cover

IMG_2117_zpst7hku4yo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2116_zpsb4wwxgay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The biggest and best purchase I've made so far was for a set of Goodyear Eagle f1's, which were quite a bit to replace all 4 tyres, but well worth the money

IMG_2122_zpskzjcvuio.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's a few things I want to do, but next thing is the 50000 mile service to get done at Honda!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been reading up on how to clean my engine bay and going through the guide put up by 'Jermal' (Thanks, great help) on here. I had the day off today, so thought I'd give it a go.
Popped to Halfords and got a can of Gunk foam, was a bit weary of getting water in my engine bay, so I didn't use a hose, just a damp cloth, toothbrush and a dry cloth to wipe it down.

Before:

IMG_2633_zpsigagumhr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2634_zpsqewjszu6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2636_zpsjyptflpa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1st thing was to cling film up all of the plugs and electrical bits

IMG_2638_zpstq8uoux2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2639_zpsphqcnl8z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then came the foam!!!

IMG_2642_zpstlmh632t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2643_zpsodi0bj4i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2640_zpsjcagdrtc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After

IMG_2645_zpscx4rcbry.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2646_zpscpxoqelf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2647_zpspy978cqz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2650_zpszsb2xnox.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2648_zpsfookjr40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took a bit longer than I first thought, as I just used a wet and dry cloth, about 2 hours total, but pretty happy with the results :)

Fair play for taking that much care doing it! I just blast it with the steam cleaner at work! Doesn't come up anywhere near as well as that though!

Looking mint! I'm loving your alloys. I love getting new ideas from members on here..Engine bay looks great after the clean.

Fair play for taking that much care doing it! I just blast it with the steam cleaner at work! Doesn't come up anywhere near as well as that though!

Cheers, Its been bugging me for a while, so thought I'd do it properly, just been put off by getting the engine bay wet, but the trick with the cling film worked a treat.

Looking mint! I'm loving your alloys. I love getting new ideas from members on here..Engine bay looks great after the clean.

Thanks, they came with the car when I bought it, but probably the kind of thing I would have gone for as love how they look too. I'm the same, the more time I spend on here looking and getting ideas though, the cost of what I want to do keeps going up and up, haha!

After cleaning my engine bay, I decided to order myself a couple of things to help finish it off and brighten it up a bit, these arrived the other day :)

IMG_2632_zpsjrs0vbh0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2653_zpshubga3ym.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice!

A local dent man should be able to sort the bonnet for you!

Cheers, It's high on my to do list, main thing up next is the 50,000 mile service which I wanted to do this month but has been delayed as got Glastonbury tickets in the resale which emptied my bank account quite a lot. So that will be done first, then thinking about getting it detailed properly, so then I can just maintain it, hopefully get the dent done at the same time :)

Quick update, nothing amazing just maintenance.

Dropped the car off on Friday to get the major service done at Honda

Oil change -fuchs Race Pro S oil put in,
all filters changed
brake and clutch fluid replaced
Valve clearances checked
Was supposed to get the Auxiliary belt done too but ended up not having the part

Next to do is the brake pads, going to upgrade to the Ferodo's, so will get the belt done at the same time. Just unsure whether to just change the pads or do the discs too. Thinking of just doing the pads and maybe the brake lines and leaving with the old discs. I've heard this is a good way to go as not going to being doing any track days etc.
Any advise on this welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some goodies arrived today :)

Front and rear Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and some NGK plugs.

IMG_2860_zps7qnmfnrv.jpg

Going get them fitted hopefully by the weekend. Checked my service sheet from Honda and didn't say they had done the Plugs, so will get those swapped over at the same time as well as get the Belt done.

Going to see how I get on with just the pads for now and then upgrade the discs if I feel the need in a few weeks.

Back