• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano Chris' DC5 Stealth Install- Build thread.

It wouldn't be cheap at a normal ICE intallation place. Matt is able to offer extremely competitive prices as he works from home so he doesn't have to pay for premises etc.

You're better off giving him a PM so he can give you an idea. I'm not sure if he's comfortable with me disclosing how much I'm paying so I won't.

Cheers Chris, If anyone is interested, please feel free to get in touch by PM.

On another note, the materials arrived today, (I don't know if you got my message) so if you could bring the car down tommorow, only for a few hours as i just need to measure up, then i can get cracking again.

All the difficult and time consuming bits are done, so it is plain sailing from here on.:cool:

Mate I replied to your message. Can bring it anytime, just give me a shout. Even today.

Bit busy today as I'm working on my website, but i'll ring you tommorow morning if that is cool?

Didn't get a message, i think there is something dodgy with my phone/signal, it will probably come through later.:rolleyes:

Matt's been ill recently and also waiting on parts so there's been a little lul where nothings been done. Should be finished Saturday though.

There was also a change in plan with regards the amplifiers and a second amp rack had to be built.

Anyhow, the main section is complete....The pictures really do not do it justice, it looks much nicer in the flesh.

stuff001-1.jpg

And with the cover on...(apologise for the blurred photo)

stuff004.jpg

Will be done by Saturday and will obviously post up pics.:D

Matt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job, looks like it requires alot of time and patience though, was there lots of swearing involved or did it all go ok? Might have to attempt it :cool:

Looks really good :cool:, Well done! how long does it took in total? coz i am thinking of doing that too.

Should be finished soon. My HU has been sent away for repair as there was a suspected earth track fault on it causing an irritating alternator whine.

I have hear it in the car, albeit only with the front speakers connected, and it's fantastic!

Can't wait for the HU to come back (should be soon) and get it all finished. By no means an easy project for Matt, however it's slowly getting there. Quite a few unexpected problems on the way!

Nice job :cool:

Really interesting write-up too - thanks for making the effort to share it with us :D

Did it get finished?

I need a box doing myself, want one like the auto acoustics one I had in my civic up the side of the boot out of the way, but they don't do one for the Megane :(

Carl

Back