• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano EP3 - Back From the Ring!

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself as I purchased my bros EP3 last month for a trip to the Nurburgring. It's a low mileage (~80k) pre facelift in great condition, totally stock apart from a Gruppe M induction kit. The original plan was to take my other car (Stage 4.25 GTR) however I ended up bottling it, and seeing as my friends all had cars around a similar performance level I thought I'd have more fun in the EP3 anyway and I wasn't wrong!

I ended up having an absolute blast in the Type R and was really impressed at how well it clung on in the corners, I soon adjusted to the performance too and it ended up getting hilarious when VTEC kicks in (y0), it also sounds awesome with the Gruppe M fitted. I'm so impressed with the car I'm actually considering keeping it and maybe using it on track occasionally, although the only thing stopping me is that it's in such good condition!

My only comments on the negatives of the car are the steering feel is pretty poor, it almost feels loose when driving steady, and when pushing on through the bends you don't get much feedback at all, I was surprised at this and expected it to have a more old school stiff feel to it. The suspension could also do with some stiffer springs although I was impressed with the standard set up to be honest. I also quickly noticed a loud 'woo woo woo' sound coming from the rear of the car which got annoying quickly. I originally though it would be a wheel bearing although after taking the rear wheel off and doing some googling I think I'm in need of a FRSU and some new rear tyres as one of them has 'steps' in the tyre every time you feel a different tread line. The car is running on Yokohoma Parada Spec 2s, I also fitted some DS2500s on the front before going to the ring which were brilliant.

Here's some pics of the car!

After a clean up at the parents house the day before leaving for the ring.
N6sVN6Y.jpg

On track
W591KYU.jpg

BhmUhVS.jpg

QJgC9zI.jpg

tGDfodc.jpg

9NZfey2.jpg

Nice example you have there! I too felt the feedback from the steering was too light for my liking until I had an LSD fitted which has firmed it up nicely.

My only comments on the negatives of the car are the steering feel is pretty poor, it almost feels loose when driving steady, and when pushing on through the bends you don't get much feedback at all, I was surprised at this and expected it to have a more old school stiff feel to it. The suspension could also do with some stiffer springs although I was impressed with the standard set up to be honest.

The EP3 was one of Honda's first cars to have an electrically assisted rack rather than hydraulic, the facelift version improved the steering feel somewhat due to similar complaints being raised by others.

A cheap mod which could improve suspension feel is to replace the rear sway bar (and maybe the front too) with the JDM version (total cost, somewhere around £120) which is thicker and should stiffen the rear on corners.

Those pictures are awesome, nice to see a well-maintained version, esp. with so few miles for its age!

Nice example you have there! I too felt the feedback from the steering was too light for my liking until I had an LSD fitted which has firmed it up nicely.

Thanks! Which LSD did you go for?

The EP3 was one of Honda's first cars to have an electrically assisted rack rather than hydraulic, the facelift version improved the steering feel somewhat due to similar complaints being raised by others.

A cheap mod which could improve suspension feel is to replace the rear sway bar (and maybe the front too) with the JDM version (total cost, somewhere around £120) which is thicker and should stiffen the rear on corners.

Those pictures are awesome, nice to see a well-maintained version, esp. with so few miles for its age!

Thanks mate, I'll look into the sway bars. Think I'll also get the eibach pro kit with a FRSU which should help too. It has been looked after, the interior barely has a mark on it and has full Honda service history. There are a couple of marks on the body that I'm going to get sorted along with the wheels and then she'll be a minter.

I have the JDM rear anti roll bar,also mfactory LSD and 5.1 final drive makes a big difference mate. Couple of great Milano,s if we ever meet up.
9571db538fb0db725aedb410533ddb2e.jpg

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Nice mate, As Krzys said, I too went for a MFactory racepack diff, i also had the Super Pro front castor correct bushes fitted and since then has the steering feels so much better!

I'm off to the ring on friday, it will be my first time, so i'm buzzing!

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into your suggestions!

car looks awesome man, I will be taking mine to the ring in august cant wait.

Nice mate, As Krzys said, I too went for a MFactory racepack diff, i also had the Super Pro front castor correct bushes fitted and since then has the steering feels so much better!

I'm off to the ring on friday, it will be my first time, so i'm buzzing!

Cheers boys, you will love the ring, anyone that enjoys driving has to experience it! Just take it steady at first and build up your pace, I'd also recommend watching plenty of videos and playing it on xbox/playstation to try and learn the track as best you can! There's also a few average speed zones on the way through France/Belgium. I'd recommend an App called Waze that is good for flagging up speed cameras on the way

Back