• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano help

Hello Chaps,

New member and its my first post. Hope i'm in the right section.

In June 2010 I became a proud owner of a 2007 milano red FN2. I bought it from a Honda dealer used approved, I decided I was happy to pay a little extra to get a perfect car.

After a couple of washes I have noticed that half of the passenger side door has turned to a darker shade . . . . not happy. (unfortunately camera is out of order so cant put up any pics).

Went to my local honda dealer and they have informed me the car has had a respray on the door, he confimed this by using his magic paint thickness measuring device. The device read between 120-140 across the car except on the passenger door where it came at 300-320.

My question is what would you do in my situation and what rights do I have, surely buying a used approved car you want to avoid this situation i.e. worrying about the reasons for the respray, scratch, keyed, accident etc etc.

I am really upset, it was a lot of money, do I complain to Honda UK, to the dealer I bought it from or what?

What can I expect from Honda, if anything?

I'm 25, always been loyal to honda since the age of 17, I may not be for much longer.

Regards

Mebz

I'd complain to the dealer that you bought it from.

If you bought it from them as an approved Honda, should they not have mentioned this to you? The car will have at least 12 months warranty being a Honda approved car, so any issues etc should be rectified.

If you've not had the car long, 14 days I think it is according to the sale of goods act (please check with your local trading standards before stomping down to the dealers!) you could always say you've changed your mind and ask for your money back. At the end of the day, how do you know the dealer themselves didn't spray it?!

Don't give up and demand a car worthy of what you paid for it.

^+1 i remember when i bought a ZR long time ago ha ha but when i picked the car up and got it back home notice
in the service book it had done 36k miles but the car only had 9k on it? then notice it got a new engine , all Arnold Clarke approved but still not the point
they should of told me
so told them they can have the car back after a bit of a hassle and uncomfortable kicking off they offered me my deposit back 1 half grand so i shaken his hand and taken it
they have to tell you mate go back i would:smt062

Thanks for the support chaps,

I've spoken to the dealer who's looking into it for me, he's had a week so will be chasing him up again today

Back