• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano Red CTR - slight 'fading'

I've got a milano red '04 CTR where the red colour on the main bodywork is slightly different (faded) to the red on the trim (i.e. door handles, bumpers etc.). When I bought the car I saw other red CTRs that seemed to have the same issue. Has anyone else found this?

What can I do to restore the paintwork to its original shine? What products are best to use on red non-metallic paint?

Cheers for any help!

Paint cleaner, polish, wax.

Take those 3 steps and see how you go.

Hi mate,

I think this is quite normal due to the trim, door handles ect being plastic, you will never be able to get an exact match with red and silver being the ones that stand out.
The trim on my NHB is not an exact match to the bodywork in certain light conditions.
Remember the paintwork on the CTR is cr*p so I dont think youve got much to worry about :D

HTH

Nick

Wash with some decent shampoo & wash mitt using the 2 bucket method.

Then dry properly.

The get some SSR2.5 to remove all the wax etc & will take the paint back to the clear coat.

Then polish using something fairly soft like Autoglym Super resin Polish.

Then use 2-3 coats of NXT wax followed by 2-3 coats of Natty's Bue Paste Wax & I'll be VERY surprised if the paint doesn't look @ least 10x better.

HTH

SpaceMonkey said:
Wash with some decent shampoo & wash mitt using the 2 bucket method.

Then dry properly.

The get some SSR2.5 to remove all the wax etc & will take the paint back to the clear coat.

Then polish using something fairly soft like Autoglym Super resin Polish.

Then use 2-3 coats of NXT wax followed by 2-3 coats of Natty's Bue Paste Wax & I'll be VERY surprised if the paint doesn't look @ least 10x better.

HTH

Fook me Lee - that sounds like a weekends work!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Scousefella said:
Fook me Lee - that sounds like a weekends work!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Easy done in a day even on your own tbh Scouse :wink:

With 2 of you, I reckon it'll be done & dusted within 3-4 hours.

Gave mine the wash with 2 bucket method, dry & Natty's wax on my own this arvo & took me about 2-2 & a half hours.

Back