• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano Red EP3 worth the risk!!

Going to be viewing some milano red ep3's, facelift and pre facelift. However, reading around about the paint fade has got me jittery!! I have had the Satin Silver and NHB, I wanted a change as red ep3's look nice but now I am worried. Don't fancy driving a pink car after a while.
Any thoughts if it is worth the risk?

Any suggestions welcome...

Cheers:)

Worth looking at it at least, although I've heard the facelift ones aren't as bad?

I saw a pre facelift today, and the guy had kept it mechanically sound, fsh etc. Very clean too however it had faded badly, pinky mostly. The door handles red whilst the door panel pink and the other panels had faded too. Hoping too see the facelift ep3 in better nick (colour wise & rest aswell).

Interesting to know that facelift models are not bad, because whilst I have been reading around I have not come across that, something new everyday :)

My first CTR was Milano red and was fine, as long as it's been looked after and then you keep on top of it, it should be fine. No harm in looking.

My first CTR was Milano red and was fine, as long as it's been looked after and then you keep on top of it, it should be fine. No harm in looking.

I am keeping an open mind! The milano red requires a fair bit of care from the look of it, I usually just go with wash and wax but from reading around it seems polish may be necessary and also something which has uv protection! What was your care like for yours!

Many thanks

Yeah, wash car use a mitt and 2 bucket method and use a straight technique when washing to avoid swirls then I try to stick to this frequency for polishing and waxing:

Once a year - Wash, Clay, Compound Polish (Abrasive Polish), Wax
Once a quarter - Wash, Polish (Pure Polish rather than Abrasive) and Wax
Once a month - Wash, Spray Wax
Once a week - Wash and Wax and Detailing Spray

I try to stick to this sometimes I can't due to weather etc but it's kept my cars in good nick. Try to use good quality products too.

Yeah, wash car use a mitt and 2 bucket method and use a straight technique when washing to avoid swirls then I try to stick to this frequency for polishing and waxing:

Once a year - Wash, Clay, Compound Polish (Abrasive Polish), Wax
Once a quarter - Wash, Polish (Pure Polish rather than Abrasive) and Wax
Once a month - Wash, Spray Wax
Once a week - Wash and Wax and Detailing Spray

I try to stick to this sometimes I can't due to weather etc but it's kept my cars in good nick. Try to use good quality products too.

Waxing the car each week is meant to be detrimental, isn't it! I am going to have to learn about clay, polish etc. Satin silver got washed and waxed and had no other worries she use to gleam and same with NHB aswell. As a matter of fact I got them cleaned every few weeks at a local car wash, hand wash not through the machines. I did use to use elbow grease and do it myself, my previous neighbours thought I was obsessed with the it.... little do they know :p
Viewing a milano red ep3 facelift tomorrow -> it's a non ac model (04), another I want to view is (05) plate satin silver ep3 -> it's a ac model and has fog lights too.

For once a week I meant use a wash and wax shampoo and a detailing spray. Got the method above from Meguiars.

My neighbours think I'm obsessed too :lol:, missus hates it when I say I'm cleaning the car because I spend all day on it lol.

Good luck with the viewings.

For once a week I meant use a wash and wax shampoo and a detailing spray. Got the method above from Meguiars.

My neighbours think I'm obsessed too :lol:, missus hates it when I say I'm cleaning the car because I spend all day on it lol.

Good luck with the viewings.

These people do not understand the 'toothbrush' cleaning it takes to keep the car looking swanky :p
So now seen 2 reds and admittedly they are both more pink then red, which is a damn shame I was looking forward to getting a decent nick milano. So now all the other colours are on the agenda. The 2nd one was pink on the roof, boot, bonnet and driver side panel had suffered too, engine did not sound smooth either sounded like something was wrong but then again the engine oil was dark. The interior looked like it had not seen a clean in a while! I asked all these questions of the owner and he said no it's fine etc. 6+ hours drive later! all that drive for 15 mins of viewing. So now trying to arrange another viewing, hoping it be the last one.

Waxing the car each week is meant to be detrimental, isn't it!.
nothing wrong with waxing often. You can keep building up layers to add to the paint, using a proper wax- none of this turtle wax nonsense you will find that water will bead off nicely and you will reduce the amount of contact you have when washing the car because with a well waxed car most of the dirt will removed with a high pressure wash after snow foaming of course. Get onto detailing work and watch junk mans tutorial guides- very informative!

nothing wrong with waxing often. You can keep building up layers to add to the paint, using a proper wax- none of this turtle wax nonsense you will find that water will bead off nicely and you will reduce the amount of contact you have when washing the car because with a well waxed car most of the dirt will removed with a high pressure wash after snow foaming of course. Get onto detailing work and watch junk mans tutorial guides- very informative!

I will get onto that at some point. Something new everyday :)

I have a facelift Milano EP3, gets a nice clean every few weeks with the bucket and sponge, and the paint is absolutely fine. Best colour! :)

Mine's pink and my friends call me Lady Penelope. They only look really bad in unnatural orange light. When cleaned regular and polished it looks acceptable in most day light conditions. It's annoying but i've learnt to live with it. A Jackson supercharger might take my mind of it.

T-cut if the paint has faded already. Has worked a treat on my other car and my friends car who has a 1999 red corsa B. Paintwork on it is absolutely solid.

Unfortunately, I don't think T-Cut will do much for clear coated paint work. I think the old Corsas were single stage. Some EP3's are also single stage I believe?! but some, like mine, definately are not.

Ah yea that's true, I guess a machine Polish might break through clear coat and might help bring the paint up a bit

Back