• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano Red Question

Hey,

I am looking at buying an EP3 next month and I absolutely adore the Milano Red, however the fact it fades to pink quite easily is a big deal breaker for me.

If I was to buy one, I would polish and wax it every few months, wash it every week and even buy a car cover (as I don't have a garage) if I have to (although I'd rather not due to swirls). I know us Brits don't get great weather so the sun isn't going to be out all the time, but I'm still worried about it fading.

Can anyone tell me, based on experience, if it's possible to prevent it? If so, how?

If it turns out they're too difficult to prevent from fading, I'll opt for Cosmic Grey or even NHB instead (although I'm not sure about NHB).

Thanks a lot in advance guys,
MrFehr

ive had my milano for over 3 years as my daily drive and i give it a wash and wax every now and then and its still kept its colour fine

ive had my milano for over 3 years as my daily drive and i give it a wash and wax every now and then and its still kept its colour fine

Do you know if that's the case for every Milano or was there a bad batch that fade or something? Thanks!

red just fades due to the pigmant in the colour. vauxhall red for example fades quick because they did'nt clear coat it. as far as im aware honda clear coated the EP3 so routine maintainence will surfice :)

I've got a 2001 Milano red Ctr and it is still pretty much the original shade (had it since 2003). Main thing with all cars is keep it protected with a wax or sealant so the elements don't work against the paint.

I've got a 2001 Milano red Ctr and it is still pretty much the original shade (had it since 2003). Main thing with all cars is keep it protected with a wax or sealant so the elements don't work against the paint.

I'll keep her waxed no doubt, every 2-3 months I'll get her done! Thanks a lot!

I've got a 53 plate (registered late Jan 2004). She was well looked after by her last owner, who buys and sells performance cars, and I have kept her as my pride and joy. Cleaned every week, full valets every so often. Really tried hard to stop her from fading, However... The metal work is now Milano-Pink. The plastic parts are fine, still look like new. As much as I love my car... and I do mean Love... I wish I'd have gone for NHB. I'm currently saving money to either get her wrapped or re-sprayed. That's my personal experience. Milano is still my favourite colour though!

I've got a 53 plate (registered late Jan 2004). She was well looked after by her last owner, who buys and sells performance cars, and I have kept her as my pride and joy. Cleaned every week, full valets every so often. Really tried hard to stop her from fading, However... The metal work is now Milano-Pink. The plastic parts are fine, still look like new. As much as I love my car... and I do mean Love... I wish I'd have gone for NHB. I'm currently saving money to either get her wrapped or re-sprayed. That's my personal experience. Milano is still my favourite colour though!

Thanks so much Andy, I think I'll be going NHB or Cosmic Grey. I know exactly what you mean about favourite colour, but it would hurt too much if she went Milano-Pink! Appreciate all the comments guys!

As a matter of interest, what did you use to protect the paint and how often? I'm only asking this as mine's being kept outside 95% of its life with me and it's fine...

Back