• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milano Track EP3 259bhp N/A

Well after owning this car for a good few months now I've finally got it into shape and got some much needed track time.

I had a cosmic grey with FRSU, JDM ARB, Gruppe M and a 2.25" custom exhaust. I really wanted more power and coilovers.

After looking at spending £4000+ for these modifications I decided to sell up and buy one already modified to a high standard.

That in it's self sprouted a problem, because finding a civic of that spec without a real dubious history was a hard challenge. I wasn't interested in a turbo or a charged civic, just something hitting 240bhp with coil-overs. I chased up a few and had a fruitless time so I messaged a guy local to me (Hartlepool Jono) and as luck would have it he was interested in selling it.

It has had bought quite a few high quality parts recently from here that I would have chased up if he had not got there first. So I knew the car is specced to a high standard. After firing a PM off and getting some info about the car I was definitely interested. I found out this was chops old car and looked through his build thread aand I was impressed. The car has a good service history, timing belt done and hardly used apart from the occasional spirited drive or trackday.

So with all the boxes ticked a price was suggested and the car was mine !!! :D :D :D

It came with a full interior. (Which I have stored.)
Stoptech Touring kit. (Unfitted)
Evo 8 Alloys and bolts. (Unfitted and standard)
Tegiwa rack raiser and longer threaded track rods.
Miester R coilovers (Fitted, not aligned.)
And other extras.

Along with the following spec.

Plus more... As I keep finding it!

So I wasn't in a rush to get this on track as I was aiming for October anyway. I booked it in to Automark for the alignment.

With a bit of a wait before the alignment I set about getting the wheels and Stoptech kit fitted.

The wheels were refurbished at RS alloys in Hartlepool. THey have done an excellent job taking these from a standard silver finish to a custom BMW colour. (Of which I forget the name haha)

As soon as these were done I fitted the Stoptech kit. (Also Fitted a standard grill as I was not a fan of the Mugen one.)

I also had a set of recently refurbished rear callipers in the garage so I sprayed them red and put them on. :)

A picture showing the colour better when in direct sunlight, otherwise it looks anthracite.

So with that all done the alignment was done at Automark along with a service. I can't recommend these guys enough for the work they have done! They certainly know their stuff. The Flexi on the DC sports manifold had seen better days so a new one was welded in and the car sounded as its supposed to... AMAZING :twisted:

With all of this done it was time for a few drives out and a trackday.

Teesside Autodrome is local to me and is a good little track to really test a car. It is known as being a car killer and with it being cheap for a full day I thought why not.

[video]https://youtu.be/uCN0yVDrkpQ[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/EGAAN0MA6Oc[/video]

So after today I was really impressed. The braking is sharp, so sharp I can use more aggressive lines. No more excessive leaning and instant power from the LSD and 259bhp. I got numerous compliments and quite a few people were impressed with the speeds it was reaching down the straight (106mph average).

Old

New

Moving forward I have Croft booked for the 30th. Which should really test the car. (Fingers crossed for the nice weather!)

Future Plans include:
Progress rear ARB + front (Undecided)
Buckets (Motordrive I think)
A decent detail. (Headlights are screaming for this!)
Keeping my eye out for some 17x7.5" alloys.

:D And finally ENJOY the car !!! :D

Did you do Cadwell in your old car? Sure I recognise it from earlier this year, not many running the sport wheels!

Yeah I did do cadwell earlier in the year in it ! Where you in a civic also ?

And thanks guys really enjoying it! Makes a change from it being sat on the drive xD

I was, but only watching, 5 miles down the road so up there a lot for the car trackdays and things.

Will keep an eye out for your red one now

Had a good run out at croft yesterday !

It was a very wet day that only really dried up on the last run out.

The car performed well and outran quite a few things, to the disappointment of a few drivers.

Anyway I managed to get a video.

[video]https://youtu.be/wSQL0y4Qkww[/video]

So after this I have completely worn down the pads on the front. (Rears can't be that far off either) I will probably look into the ferados, but I need to have a good look!

Hah! I'm sure you have better plans buddy ! You need an atom !

I forgot that I have a few professional photos from on the day !

Well no real progress as of yet with the car.

Ordered some new pads which turned up, didn't fit. (St40 pads when I have the touring kit st41). So awaiting new pads.

Still browsing seats. Not totally sure yet which ones to go for !

Also looking at steering wheels with boss kit. Undecided again.

And finally I'm looking for some wheels that are 7.5". Nothing has took my fancy yet !

Car will be back on the road soon and I have cadwell park booked.

very nice car and I know what you mean about 4k in parts thats what im up against at the minute!

Yeah wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to keep up with saving for a house and holidays etc !

nice car mate, where u located? im doing alot of track days in the summer:)

Over north east of england, Middlesbrough's. Class what have you booked up ?

Yeah wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to keep up with saving for a house and holidays etc !

Yeh same here thats my current problem otherwise id have £600 a month into my car if i had no intention of moving out :lol: haha

Back