• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Good stuff Chris.
Its the sort of car you've GOT to enjoy driving.

I saw one the other day and thought if only I could stand the petrol costs (of getting to work and back every day) I would love one.
Thats why the EP3 went.

You got some winter wheel/tyres yet or are you planning fair weather excursions only when the time comes?

Good stuff Chris.
Its the sort of car you've GOT to enjoy driving.

I saw one the other day and thought if only I could stand the petrol costs (of getting to work and back every day) I would love one.
Thats why the EP3 went.

You got some winter wheel/tyres yet or are you planning fair weather excursions only when the time comes?
Cheers mate. The fuel costs aren't too bad, I averaged 25mpg when I was commuting so it isn't that much worse than say an EP3 etc.

It'll be in the garage till the sun is out, though the AD08's will need replacing soon so I may choose a more road orientated tyre such as the Continental SportContact 5.

If you garage it until the summer then there's no point in changing from (IMO) the best road tyre you can have, the AD08.

Hmm.

Buy rally rep, don't drive in the wet.

Seems legit.

Also, new mission is to reach single digit fuel consumption for a tank. :lol:

If you garage it until the summer then there's no point in changing from (IMO) the best road tyre you can have, the AD08.

It will be going out now and again to keep things in order, but with the colder temperatures even on a sunny day the SportContact 5 will outperform AD08's.

Hmm.

Buy rally rep, don't drive in the wet.

Seems legit.

Also, new mission is to reach single digit fuel consumption for a tank. :lol:

I have a track/experience day coming up, I'm expecting to be under 10 for that.

I've just had 4 new tyres on the 182 Cup and I went for Uniroyal Rainsport 2's.

Had tracking done with a Hunter HawkEye system at same time and I must admit, whilst they give a nice light steering feel around town, they feel squidgy at speed when changing direction quickly.
I think this is to do with the fact that they are brand new, need running in a few kmiles and biggest factor is the tread depth. They are 9-10mm and if you feel the tread with your fingers you can actually bend it easily side to side which seems to say they are a pretty soft compound.

Its the mrs's car and she likes them, but I wish I'd gone for the Conti's. Though at £74/corner they were a steal.

I had Conti's on the Twingo Renaultsport Chris and they were fantastic.
Also used to run them on the 172 I had, and they lasted me 23k miles and wore very evenly.

Cracking all weather tyre.

I've had 4 Michelin Pilot Supersports fitted on the FD2 and they've outperformed the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 that were fitted in every way so far. £50 fuel voucher from Michelin as well.

Pics from Milbrook Proving Ground:

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Did you have a good time Chris?
How do you get on at Millbrook - was it an invitation thing?

I'm hoping you gave it some stick :)

Hi mate, was part of a driver training packager run by CAT. It was fantastic and well worth the money.

Sounds like something I would be well up for when the leg is better.
But by that time it will be the middle of winter. :(

I will have to have a search for doing this next year if all is well.
I have Cadwell on the books too as its not to far away from me.

Only issue is the cost, it was just shy of £400 for the training. Factor in fuel and possibly a stop over the night before in a local hotel and it's very expensive.

I thought you're only doing the 'Ring? I was about to text you as I think I can go over.

As a driver I had more out of the days tuition than any track day has done in the past.

I thought you're only doing the 'Ring? I was about to text you as I think I can go over.

As a driver I had more out of the days tuition than any track day has done in the past.

I'm not going to spa again this year, but jay and Gary, spencer are. One more trip to the ring for me in October, and Abu Dhabi at the end of October and that's me out of holiday for 6 months or so.

Kirsty is home soon, I'll see if she is fine with work and going over. If so I'll give you a text to sort travel times etc.

I'm not going to spa again this year, but jay and Gary, spencer are. One more trip to the ring for me in October, and Abu Dhabi at the end of October and that's me out of holiday for 6 months or so.
That the 3rd time this year for spence? That porka is getting a good spanking.

Quick test of the GoPro external mic. Very happy.

[video=youtube;8OEHJYsjhI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEHJYsjhI4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFuEdnpswPZjO8-aTN_jD8A[/video]

This one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Techn...qid=1380390440&sr=8-1&keywords=atr+microphone

GoPro mounted on the windscreen, then the mic cable running all the way through the car and then out via the boot shut. Little bit of masking tape holding it in the middle of the rear bumper about 15" from the exhaust.

Apparently the Yanks rave about it, due to the 6 metre cable, it's very versatile. I'm going to try and mount it near the intake or turbo next time and see how it comes out.

This one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Techn...qid=1380390440&sr=8-1&keywords=atr+microphone

GoPro mounted on the windscreen, then the mic cable running all the way through the car and then out via the boot shut. Little bit of masking tape holding it in the middle of the rear bumper about 15" from the exhaust.

Apparently the Yanks rave about it, due to the 6 metre cable, it's very versatile. I'm going to try and mount it near the intake or turbo next time and see how it comes out.

That's what i do :)

Back