• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris' Evo IX

On the road it would destroy my car at anything but my Peake revs.
As a car that you can use its in a whole different league to mine.
Yes. I may be able to keep up a bit but unless I'm in exactly the right gear then I'd be miles behind!!
One wrong gear change and I might as well be stationary

I don't think it's that clear cut Des, certainly wouldn't say 'destroy'. In the right gear the pace is equal, where the IX trumps is out of optimal gear however even then it wouldn't be any huge difference between the cars.

So, I have another remap booked. I'll try and keep this short, but the TL;DR version is that I am not 100% happy with the current map and want a second opinion.

I am pretty certain that there's a little bit of surge. I had initially concluded that all IX's do it from a lot of reading on MLR, but I've always had this nagging feeling at the back of my mind that it's definitely the map. I had previously taken the car back to Anthony and explained my concerns, we took the car out and he made some changes to the map. He said I shouldn't be worried about it though as it is just the air from the 3 port releasing boost. But that noise still remained and I pretty much avoid full throttle below 4krpm.

Anyway, I've always wanted a second opinion, and maybe get it mapped else where purely to satisfy my curiosity. So I did some reading, a lot of reading in fact. I discovered a garage called C1-R who are a bunch of ex Ralliart mechanics, some from Extreme I think. Anyway, they seem very well respected and aren't found on your typical forum, all word of mouth etc. So I sent in an email the other night and got a reply within a few minutes from Chris Timmins. I explained what was going on and he thinks I should definitely get it looked at. Turns out they don't map cars yet, but he pointed me in the direction of Greg Gush.

I then contacted Greg, the same evening, and he got back to me pretty quickly. He wants to take a look and map the car himself. I'm now booked in on the 19th to go up to Protune and have some checks done such as looking for boost leaks, compression test etc then down to the rolling road in Marlow as Protuner only have a 2WD dyno on their site. It will start off on the road getting the part throttle done followed by a few hours on the dyno. Certainly longer than what it spent on the dyno with Anthony. I'm also going to order a 3" decat and get it fitted the same day (already have a 3" downpipe). Quite looking forward to it actually, both to see if it releases any extra power and how the map feels including that 'surge'.

Not chasing numbers he said, mapping it for safety he said. :lol:

It will be interesting to see the final results.
Its always really encouraging when businesses reply quickly and even if they can't help, point you in the right direction.

:lol:

Seems like a lot of work on something you were planning on selling? Change of heart?

Is it otherwise faultless? Asking as if there are other making the same noise/feel then I'm surprised it's not been covered on MLR?

No sign of previous damage at all? Could be a Sims gremlin ala DC5?

Eitherway, MOAR FLAMES!

Well it was fine before them map so it's nothing that's wrong with the car.

Seems like a lot of work on something you were planning on selling? Change of heart?

Is it otherwise faultless? Asking as if there are other making the same noise/feel then I'm surprised it's not been covered on MLR?

No sign of previous damage at all? Could be a Sims gremlin ala DC5?

Eitherway, more FLAMES!

You what mate?

That's the 3" downpipe here. I've hidden it in the garage so Kirsty doesn't see it. :lol:

It's remap day tomorrow, looking forward to it. :)

When will it end?!

1526285_10151909552852968_311280784_n.jpg

I'm just envious, can't remap a push bike :(

Back