• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Milltek owners

Having my milltek fitted to the FN2 on Monday and as I'm impatient I was just wondering if you occasionally get a nice little pop and bang on gear change?

It's unlikely with the standard manifold and cat on.

I got some nice noises on overrun with the Magnex and Tegiwa mani when it got very hot though.

Thanks Loxy, what causes it by the way? And is it something that's more prevalent in turbo's as my corsa vxr used to pop all the time!

Unburnt fuel mostly. This is normally burnt off in the cat as they run very hot.

pops and bangs are unburnt fuel as said. it will be more noticeable in a car without a cat.

if you do choose to run a race manifold and get a good mapper to configure your ECU, then it is less likely to get bangs/flames/pops as they will set up your fuelling for efficiency.

i get the odd pop and burble when off throttle even with a cat but it is very subdued.

the milltek system on the FN2 is not a loud system anyway so any noises it makes as a characteristic of the engine are generally less obvious

Thanks rjk, I've had it on for two days now. Just got back from a 60 mile drive and I can say I love it! It is pretty loud when on the throttle but when off its almost oem! It does burble slightly at low rpm which sound great but not too loud and no pops or bangs! I didn't want a scooby, so I'm happy! I would like go decat but I haven't got the money for a remap so probably won't!

glad you love it still love mine after 12 months mine pops a bit on down changes after a good blast and certaintly louder after a good run

Back