• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mini Cooper S stolen.

Rapid 17

Mature Member ™
I found this on Scoobynet. :eek:

Hi all

A very close friend of mine has had a 2004 Mini Cooper S stolen whilst some lowlife came to look at it to buy it.

My friend emigrated to Australia a couple of weeks ago and hadnt sold his car by then. He left it with his wifes parents, and had arranged for a guy to come and see it. He was asked if it had a tracker and he said no. His father in law collected the guy from the local train station and he took him for a drive. Went back to their house and they guy was looking under the bonnet. Mates father in law got out and closed the bonnet, and the guy jumped in and drove into him. He jumped out the way and then relised what was going on. As the guy got to the end of the drive father in law ran after him and jumped halfway in the drivers window!!!. He hung on fighting with him trying to grab the keys being dragged down the road at speed exchanging blows. He got about 100m just before they got to the main road junction and theres a large oak tree on the junction. The guy headed for it and father in law had to hold on and put his feet up to stop himself being crushed against it. His feet hit the tree first but that pushed him off the car and he got smacked to the ground. The car sped off turning left up the road.

Father in law broke both ankles, one being quite bad so has been pinned with a metal cage and the other in a cast. Was in hospital for 2 weeks and is bruised and very ****ed off. The police were all called and roped the area off like a crime scene had a chopper out and everything but the car was long gone. They said this is not uncommon and it was probably stolen to order.

The car is a Mini Cooper S 2004 (reg starts with EO04 xxx, dont know the rest but will find out) and was metallic grey with black roof with 17" Mini alloys and leather interior. It had chilli pack and comfort pack on it. If anyone saw the car in the Wokingham or Crowthorne (Nine Mile Ride) area on or around Sat 8th Sept, or has seen it since, please let me (or the police) know.

My friend is gutted as he is now in Tasmania and left feeling really awful for his father in law. Insurance will pay up but it wont help the broken ankles.

Nasty. Hope they catch the nasty cnut that did this and stick him in the slammer with the nastiest bottom fondler's going.

Sounds like the bloke had his leg stuck in an "Ilizarov" external fixation device like this...

ailizarovexternalfixatihn2.jpg

bit silly giving chase and jumping half through the cars window, especially in this day and age

He could have easily been killed, not worth it for any car

Like the post states, insurance paid out anyway

Back