• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mis-match - Honda respray on FN2

My car is having the rear quarter sprayed today (had a 1p size chip) and part of the deal of buying it from the dealer was to have this repaired.

Dealer has just informed me that there maybe a colour mis-match - saying that it is almost certainly going to be brighter. The car is 3 years old, and therefore the new paint will be obvious.

Now I am a little worried, should it be that much different? could someone with an untrained eye really tell the difference? Should I even get it done?

scared.com

I don't see why the paint shouldn't match tbh?! I'd get it done on the condition that it matches the rest of the paint work. Maybe tell them you want the rest of the car detailing so it is a better match?!

Maybe there pulling a fast one? Apparently they didnt mean to offer a full repair, just a touch up. Just had his boss on the phone. He asked If I would contribute to the cost. I said no way of course. He then asked if he could fill the car up with unleaded and put this to bed?

I just said as an alternative that I want Type R Mats from him, full tank of petrol and a letter saying that I want the quarter panel sprayed at trade cost If I wanted to get it done at a later date...(£150) Waiting to hear back from him....

Like I say...I think he is trying to get out of paying it. Mats are are his disposal, and they probably get good rates on petrol with their local station.... Whats "car detailing for a better match?"

Maybe there pulling a fast one? Apparently they didnt mean to offer a full repair, just a touch up. Just had his boss on the phone. He asked If I would contribute to the cost. I said no way of course. He then asked if he could fill the car up with unleaded and put this to bed?

I just said as an alternative that I want Type R Mats from him, full tank of petrol and a letter saying that I want the quarter panel sprayed at trade cost If I wanted to get it done at a later date...(£150) Waiting to hear back from him....

Like I say...I think he is trying to get out of paying it. Mats are are his disposal, and they probably get good rates on petrol with their local station.... Whats "car detailing for a better match?"

Tell them that you want it spraying for free as this is what you were told at the point of sale. Can't believe they are trying to get out of it!!
Detailing is a process of getting the paintwork on the car to a nearly new or as good as new state. The car would receive a machine polish to get any surface scratches & swirls etc out. If the panel painted was to look 'brighter' after a re-spray I'm sure a good detail of the rest of the paintwork would make it a better match.

Tell them that you want it spraying for free as this is what you were told at the point of sale. Can't believe they are trying to get out of it!!
Detailing is a process of getting the paintwork on the car to a nearly new or as good as new state. The car would receive a machine polish to get any surface scratches & swirls etc out. If the panel painted was to look 'brighter' after a re-spray I'm sure a good detail of the rest of the paintwork would make it a better match.

It'd be worth a try IMO.

I dont know if I should take the Type R Mats, full tank and letter confirming I will get it done at Trade cost (£150) and be done with it and live with the chip for a little bit... or take the risk of getting it resprayed and ask if there is a mismatch to detail it...

Isn't that half the talent of doing spay jobs?

I would've thought getting a colour match is as important as covering the chip.

I can't believe you took the car before the work was even done. Mine had a scratch in the front skirt right into the plastic and the dealer got it sorted before I collected the car and it's impossible to tell it was ever there.

im surprised they dont have the method like mercedes, where they "age" the paint, to match your car

i think they do but not 100% sure, when i took my mugen grill to them they mentioned it because my car is 6 years old and it would stand out a mile if they just sprayed it normally. its a good colour match anyway.

Back