• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Misfire/ignition cutting

Had a bit of a moment yesterday, well a few actually, on same section of road which i was attacking. the ignition started to cut out, a bit like a traction control system, only for longer, say about a full second or maybe a liitle more.
i shat myself, cos at one point i was at full steam in 4th on a long left hander, and the traction just went momentarily. It came back, but was more than enough to let the turtle see the cloth!

Any ideas waht could be causing this?? and is it likely to be a simple fix (can't really afford (time) to take it into dealer)?

Could have been fuel starvation if you were a little on the empty side, doesn't have to be mega empty but i know a few guys have had this on track on some longer corners with around a 1/4 tank of fuel?

HASNIC said:
Could have been fuel starvation if you were a little on the empty side, doesn't have to be mega empty but i know a few guys have had this on track on some longer corners with around a 1/4 tank of fuel?

No it couldn't have been that Hasnic, there was over 3/4 of a tank in there.

Plus i had sensed a slight misfire/ignition loss whatever you wanna call it way before the major moment on the left hander.

Trip to the dealer me thinks... :roll:

Could it be related to your previous problem?

What's your oil level like? Left handers are the worst iirc for the K20 starvation issue.

MilanoChris said:
Could it be related to your previous problem?

What's your oil level like? Left handers are the worst iirc for the K20 starvation issue.
Ashamed to say i haven't checked the oil ffor a while :oops:

i've got a litre of Helix 5W30 in the boot in case i need to top up. Thanks for recommendation, i'll check it later :smt023

Back