• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Misfire P0301 :(

Anyone fancy taking a photo of that area on their car to see if this strange bundle
of cables is normal ?

Got the new loom yesterday, the plastic wrapped bundle of cables shown above is ment to be a plastic box with black/yellow/white cables coming out of it. Seems to be running to the power for the coils, think we have found the source of my problem.

New loom will be fitted this week, hopefully be able to say the problem is solved..

Here's what it should look like..

image.jpg

Yeah it sure does help, just confirms the fact that section of my loom is not factory standard. Also looks damaged aswell. Fingers and toes are well and truly crossed now

Just read through this and sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you get to the bottom of this problem? Did the new loom fix it? I'm keen to know and it could possibly help anyone else with a problem too.

2eydx76.jpg
New loom fitted and the car is now running perfectly again!

Here is what was under that plastic wrap in the pictures above...

Just want to thank everyone that's helped out, really appreciate it.

Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future!

Surely if the loom was tested they would have found high resistance on those wires? A bulb test would have been dim for sure. Glad to use sorted now though bud, what was the damage for the loom out of interest?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Happy with the car again, forgot how quick these things are as its been so long!

Sadly it needs 2 new front tyres, alignment and the knocking when going over bumpy ground appears to be louder than normal.. Steering rack if a remember correctly? Will all be checked when tyres are fitted.

Loom was £70
Fitting: £80

Back