• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Missed MOT renewal!

Chaps, what happens if you missed your MOT renewal date? do you get fined when you come to renew it?

Chaps, what happens if you missed your MOT renewal date? do you get fined when you come to renew it?
No, but you will if you get caught driving without it and iirc you insurance will be void too.

Ring around local MOT testers and get booked in ASAP!!!! :eek: :lol:

Do not drive the car - the repercussions could snowball into something ugly. :evil:

If the car is booked in @ a test centre you are ok to drive the car to the centre if pulled by the Old Bill, but you shouldn't drive it anywhere else.

Bugger, I completely forgot about it. I've got a feeling my renewal was in JUNE!!!!!! :eek: Does this mean I'm gonna be in deep when I book my renewal :(

I am selling my old car, went to tax it last week as due end of Aug (before advertising it) to find my MOT ran out on 14th June!:eek:

Its hadn't been driven though for 6 weeks!

I've now declared SORN and have got it an MOT.

You are ok driving to a booked appointment but not at any other time.

I panicked as had to take it for a drive first so that it wouldnt fail on brakes as not driven for so long!

Back