• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Missing Bolt, can someone please tell me what it's called or where i can get one from

Hi guys and gals

I had my car under go some new parts including front and rear shocks, track rod ends and few other bits, the mechanic that took my car said it looks like the gearbox has been taken out in the past and i have a missing bolt, can someone tell me what its called and where i can source one from, i beleive its called a gearbox studded bolt but i cant find one on the t'internet...i hope the picture can help out a bit, if your standing infront of the car it's to the right hand side just behind the gearbox mount (i think thats what its called)
please helpMissing Bolt.JPG

The top of the silver metal thing? That's where the standard airbox mounts on to.

noooo...sorry guys, i know that's where the original air box bolts on to but i have an aftermarket induction kit, if you look just below that you'll see where there is a bolt missing...hope this helps, if i knew how to edit this post i'd circle it but it's easy to see

do you mean item 14 on this drawing?

B__4701.jpg

Item 14 on drawing

YES!!! that's the bolt, do you have a part number for that? also where the hell do i find one?

THANK YOU!!

It's a 12x35 flange bolt, P/N 90168-S5A-000

It'll be about £2.50 from your local dealership

That's not it.

Number 14 is in the pic, top of the engine mounting bracket.

I think you're looking at the wrong 14 Chris,

item 14 is also the bolt used to attach item 5 the transmission mounting bracket, item 14 is used 4 times in total on that drawing. I should have been more descriptive

5c1eb956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely number 14!

That being missing is quite a concern.

Indeed. From the picture it looks like you might have to move the engine slightly so the bolt will fit properly and won't cross thread.

I would be checking/replacing the other bolts to as they've obviously been taking more load/movement than they should do.

Back