• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Mist

when i switch my engine on, on a morning, my winscreen quickly mists up! i can demist it, but surely it shouldnt happen in the first place?

Happens with most modern cars, something to do with fumes given off by modern plastics used in dashboards.

Had you been using the AC before you turned the car off the night before?
I used to get this with various cars when I had used the AC & turning the car off. The moisture used to be blown out when the car was started again.

I found the cure was turn the AC off a few mins before the car was stopped.

HTHs

have you used the windscreen demister yet?! it's fantastic. Clears the screen in seconds :cool:

Pro tip to stop it misting up is to soak a cloth in pure washing up liquid then let it dry. Now wipe this cloth on the inside of the windows and it will stop them misting up. :)

Pro tip to stop it misting up is to soak a cloth in pure washing up liquid then let it dry. Now wipe this cloth on the inside of the windows and it will stop them misting up. :)

Yep, bikers do the same on the inside of visors.

yes mate i have used the demister. but i was just wondering why my window quickly mists up. its never happened on any other car i have driven.

i'll try the trick with the washing up liquid.

Back