• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mittanio's 04 NHB EP3

Well thought it was about time i did one of these, although the build will be slow! bought the car around 15 months ago with 109,000 on the clock and i've loved every minute of ownership!
The car was standard when i bought it apart from an AEM CAI and had been lowered (no idea what springs they are).

As it stands now:

AEM CAI,
Supersprint unsilenced b-pipe,
Spoon N1,
Ferodo DS2500 front pads,
Rear 3 windows tinted,
TRO decals ;),
silvatec front indicator bulbs,
8000k hid kit,
center console, door handles, slam panel, intake mani cover, fusebox cover and spark plug cover resprayed Cosmic Grey,
JDM rear number plate / plate surround,
Front Grille was cracked so repaired and resprayed in NHB and new badges fitted.
Eibach ABP springs, SPC camber arms, Eibach camber bolts and FRSU
Seibon Carbon Fibre bonnet
Smoothed front bumper
Custom Splitter
Mugen replica Spoiler
OEM alloys powder coated gloss black

Future plans:

RBC,
4-2-1 mani, undecided brand yet, possibly DC sports but if a bargain comes up who knows ;),
i'm guessing the RBC would mess up the position of the AEM CAI so would probably upgrade to Gruppe M,
K100,
braided brake lines,
Tegiwa short shifter kit + shifter bushes,
JDM rear ARB.

a few pics from today, sh*t quality as they were taken on my phone but they will do for now!

blanked1.jpg

blanked2.jpg

blanked3.jpg

Cheers :)
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate! Looks clean! NHB is the best colour EP3 IMO... Although, mine is Milano... Just wondered what your set up sounds like, in regards to your un-silenced B-pipe and your Spoon N1. I'm doing a lot of research and getting lots of opinions before i get a new system done. I like a fairly loud set up... I'm thinking of going for the SS un-silenced b-pipe with a HKS 409!?

cheers mate :) this setup is properly loud to the point of possibly upsetting some neighbours :lol: although it will be a hell of a lot louder when mated with a decat mani! its a little too loud low revs for my liking but once you get going into the high RPM range the sound is incredible, real raspy, it's so addictive! yeah i reckon that should sound pretty nice! don't think i've heard one unsilenced before but should give it a bit more rasp! :cool:

Nice example mate, looks really clean and like your future plans too :)
I have got an Injen CAI (basically the same as your AEM) linked up to an RBC so it will fit fine if you wanted to retain it mate.
Got to admit though I do like the look of the GruppeM or Tegiwa which fills the gap left from the old air box.

ah thats good to know, cheers for that! and i agree, the worst thing for me with the CAI is the gaping hole in the engine bay :(

Well it's been a while since i've updated this, not a great deal has been done since really.

Went to TGM to fit SPC camber arms, Eibach camber bolts and replace 2 of the engine mounts, opted to get an insert fitted into the front mount too. In the process I found that I had Eibach Pro Kit springs already on the car, whoever fitted them did so with the markings facing inside to be a pain in the ass :rolleyes: anyway it was a nice surprise! Next it was a FRSU -1.2 deg camber front and -1.0 rear.

Had the front number plate recess filled and smoothed and fitted a plate on the passenger side, the main reason i did this was to make the car look a little different, looks a lot better in my opinion!

Next was something i didn't really plan, my tyres were getting low all round. I happened to spot a set of mint professionally refurbed EP3 wheels in black with pretty much brand new tyres on going for £250! they were only 30 miles away from me so it seemed stupid not to get them really!

Anyway here are a few pics from yesterday not looking too bad for 153k :lol:

IMG_01311.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_01321.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_01331.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_01341.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_01361.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_01371.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's one i found of before i changed to the black wheels

IMG_00851.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice car mate, looks like the sort of drop I want on mine. Also, your tyres need blacking lol. :p

Like I said in You jays thread iv seen you about :p like mint, love the plates, do the police around here pull you for that, I know someone who had JDM plates and kept getting pulled...

Cheers mate, I didn't get stopped at all for the plates until about a month ago when I got pulled twice in 2 days for the front 3/4 sized plate, so now I'm running JDM sized plates front and rear and no problems so far!

Been a while since I've updated this, a few changes have been made:
Seibon carbon fibre bonnet
Custom front lip bought off Tom83
Mugen replica spoiler
Tegiwa number plate relocation bracket and JDM size front plate.

Passed 160,000 miles recently, doesn't feel great to drive at the moment so will be taking a trip to TGM soon to get It looked over.

A couple more recent pics, will get some better ones when I can be bothered!
umu2e7u3.jpg

3ebytara.jpg

y9e5eby3.jpg

Cheers guys, I think it would look a lot better if it sat a little lower, it looks a lot more aggressive in the metal with the splitter, I know it won't be to everyone's taste!

Bit of both really, I'll be giving it a service and hopefully that will make it feel a little smoother, i think the clutch may be on its way out, if so i reckon i'll go for a lightweight flywheel, lsd and maybe even look at a different final drive whilr the box is off. suspension wise, turn in doesn't seem as sharp anymore, I have no confidence in the corners with the car at the moment, even feeling unstable at times, and the camber at the front needs setting up again as its now at somewhere around -0.4.

Cheers guys, I think it would look a lot better if it sat a little lower, it looks a lot more aggressive in the metal with the splitter, I know it won't be to everyone's taste!

Bit of both really, I'll be giving it a service and hopefully that will make it feel a little smoother, i think the clutch may be on its way out, if so i reckon i'll go for a lightweight flywheel, lsd and maybe even look at a different final drive whilr the box is off. suspension wise, turn in doesn't seem as sharp anymore, I have no confidence in the corners with the car at the moment, even feeling unstable at times, and the camber at the front needs setting up again as its now at somewhere around -0.4.

u sticking with your facelift rear lights? or going pre-face?

Back