• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 mix oil

Hello,
I need to top up my honda fn2. Can i mix these two oil?
Both are shell ultra 5w-40 but they have some difrent specy?
I post picture to be easier.Thank you!
20160404_155419.jpg

I am just 2000 km on this oil with right side. Must be all the same? Both are shell ultra 5w-40. Just these apis are not same.

I spoke to Tom at Tgm recently about this, as I needed to top mine up a little and wasn't sure what oil they used in servicing my car, he said as long as they are the same grades that is absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to Tom at Tgm recently about this, as I needed to top mine up a little and wasn't sure what oil they used in servicing my car, he said as long as they are the same grades that is absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my case its same grade,same mark. Just that apis.
Thank you man for answer :)

Same grades, will blend perfectly fine.

However a full change would be so much better for your car.

Only difference I can see is one is VW approved and the other isn't. Chances are it's near identical substance in both bottles and wouldn't make any difference in an FN2.

Only difference I can see is one is VW approved and the other isn't. Chances are it's near identical substance in both bottles and wouldn't make any difference in an FN2.
one in my car is API SM/CF ACEA A3/B3/B 4/C3 and new one i bought is API SN/CF ACEA A3/B3/B 4. Difference is SM/CF and SN/CF , and fisrt one has C3 and new one has not.

Quick google suggest that API SN supersedes API SM. It's probably a slightly more improved and developed oil. The oil you put in your car to begin with might not be available anymore. The fact you've got the same grade and same brand you can't go wrong. It'll be absolutely fine.
If it was 2 different brands I would advise against it. Brands vary what additives they use in their oils and mixing different additives can cause more harm then good.

Back