• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modification help

Hello. I know there will be a load of threads saying this but not that good in this website. I have a few questions I would like to ask?

1. I have an ep3 and want to get more power by exhaust air filter and remap Ect..

2. I hear a k100 is the way to go. Is this a remap or another ecu I buy.

3. I live near Bristol (south west) where is best to go.

I have a list of stuff I want to get for it. Could you ruffly guess how much power I will get. Or have

. Full stainless steel exhaust system decat
. CAI induction
. Bigger injectors
. 70mm throttle body
. K100 remap

I'm not that good on knowing what i need to get. Ive modded cars in the past and know when you change one thing it makes something else back. Counter acts. Do I need bigger injectors if so what size. What else do I need Ect.. I want to run around 250bhp MIN!!

Please give me loads of info of what you know.

you will need more than exhaust intake and remap to get 250 if you after numbers isnt best car to get i got 200 at the wheel with a tegiwa m intake miltek catback and hondata ecu and remap dunno how much the extra bits will give you reckon you a decent manifold on top of what you put for k100 map you buy ecu then have it mapped it isnt cheap i reckon you are looking 2000 quid to get near you target hope this helps dare say other people will chip in with more detailed advice

Yep, it's going to cost you serious money to hit 250 at the wheels. I'm thinking Groupe M, intake manifold, cams, valve springs, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, decat, 2.5-3" exhaust, K100/Kpro ecu. This will get you close. As baldydave said, a couple grands worth of work, even if you buy second hand.

I don't think larger throttle bodies and injectors are really necessary if you're staying N/A. Somebody may well come along and correct me.

The ecu and remap are the scary expensive parts, however, all the others parts are useless without them.

I have 4 2 1 manifold,spoon bpipe, AEM cai, DC5 cams,RBC,kpro, with the standatd back box on it and i made 245.5bhp. so you will need more than what you have.

As above i don't think you really need injectors or that either inless you want to turbo it or supercharge.

I think TDI north do a turbo kit for about £6000 fitted that would take you above the 300bhp mark easy.

To make 250bhp+ you are going to be looking at...

- a good quality induction kit
- an uprated intake manifold (RBC or RRC)
- uprated set of cams
- K100/Kpro
- stainless steel exhaust manifold
- stainless steel cat back system

the above gave me 255bhp with a 400cel cat as part of the exhaust system.
If you just wanted to go for the induction kit, stainless steel cat back system and K100/Kpro install and map you could see 230bhp if not just shy.

Hello. I know there will be a load of threads saying this but not that good in this website. I have a few questions I would like to ask?

1. I have an ep3 and want to get more power by exhaust air filter and remap Ect..

2. I hear a k100 is the way to go. Is this a
aftermarket parts remap or another ecu I buy.

3. I live near Bristol (south west) where is best to go.

I have a list of stuff I want to get for it. Could you ruffly guess how much power I will get. Or have

. Full stainless steel exhaust system decat
. CAI induction
. Bigger injectors
. 70mm throttle body
. K100 remap

I'm not that good on knowing what i need to get. Ive modded cars in the past and know when you change one thing it makes something else back. Counter acts. Do I need bigger injectors if so what size. What else do I need Ect.. I want to run around 250bhp MIN!!

Please give me loads of info of what you know.

You need to make use of Google to get best answer for your queries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back