• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modification idea's please

hi people i picked up my type r back in january but have been so busy with work ive not even started on it yet so any mods that look good idea's, links to mods done pictures would be good

i work as a paint sprayer so paint work is not a problem for myself a repaint will be done soon, im thinking of paint the centre console in the same colour as the car(cosmic) but with a satin finish the wheels are a another thing im strugling to decide on black/white/diff colour and what finish? pics would be great

any places to pick up decent exhaust,suspension-coilovers,springs?/induction kit other companies to source items like skunk2,tegiwa(are they any good)? other brands?

i dont want to spend millions but dont want a halfords special!

cheers people

Re decent stuff at good prices get them second hand from either this forum or ctro. Loads of good prices for good parts if you bide your time.., and stalk the for sale section.

Tegiwa have a bad rep but they do make some decent parts, they also make some cheap pointless parts. Just do your research before buying! I'm a big advocate of the AEM CAI induction kit, best bang for buck by a country mile. People will fret about hydrolock but I've run it 3 years as a daily driver with no problems. Skunk 2 make some top quality parts but the price reflects that. There's info on pretty much every mod out there on this forum, have a search and ask if you can't find anything :)

With regards to wheels, I think cosmics look stunning on bronze alloys. I'm currently debating between the Rota Grids (te37 copys) or getting the standard alloys sprayed in Ford Tibetan gold

IIRC There was a user on here who had a picture of how the colour looked on the car, but again it is very much down to personal taste

wheels are going gloss black this weekend calipers red and centre console body colour ill upload pics and hope ive made a good choice lol

If your puting an induction kit in it i would put in the gruppe m, the normal ones that sit in the bay are useless.

I changed my normal airfilter in the standard airbox to ITG airfilter and it seems alot better glad i did it.

For other parts and info i allways email guy from cpl allways helpfull and been good.

Back