• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modifications, Wheels and other stuff...

Hi guys,

I have asked this question to a couple of other forum members but would like to ask a few extra questions here.

I would like to make a few interior mods such as pedals, gear knob, dials, foot well lighting that kind of stuff. Could anyone share their experiences with interior mods and what they have done and could you show pictures (if possible) just so I can see?

Also what is the best cleaning products to use on the interior dashboard, door trims etc? I have noticed in my CTR there is some faint streak marks on the inside doors and I just cant get rid of them! Any help with this would be really appreciated!

Can I ask anyone also about how to get my alloy wheels black and painting the brake callipers? Does anyone know how to make the brakes a hell of a lot more responsive?

I have asked so many questions here but really appreciate everyone's help with these!

Thank you all!:)

one more thing

I also wanted to ask which I forgot is where can I source some rear after market lights? Is it worth also getting a xenon or HID conversion and and if so where to go to get them done?:)

Aftermarket pads make a good difference for the price, especially Ferodo DS2500 for £80

Of course you can spend around £1200 for huge disc/caliper improvements and have ultimate anchorage

www.hids4u.co.uk for lights

I have DC5 pedals and footrest in my CTR, leather gaiter, JDM mats, S2000 starter button, to spice up the interior. Details here http://www.type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=51389

Rickhondar on here does footwell kits, very good they are too. Send him a PM

Rear aftermarket lights look horrid IMO. Either go for facelift, preface or the slightly darker JDM units

HIDS (get em from hids 4 u as above)are the first thing i did to my ctr plus led sidelights. Best mod ever as you can see a lot better at night which makes a hell of a difference.

A rickhonda vtec light too.

Painting wheels and brakes is something you can do yourself. I painted my wheels not too long ago and they look fine, just need to take your time when spraying. Or find somewhere local that does wheel refurbs and pay a hell of a lot more. To give you an idea i used 2 tins of primer and 3 tins of colour for all four wheels plus a couple of foam sanding blocks. About £20 in total.

Satin black wheels on a silver ctr. Painting calipers next with some high temp paint from halfauds. Sorry no pics.

Im with nickyboy on the rear lights, not seen one set that look any good.

Cleaning wise, autoglym and meguires stuff is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

NickyBoy and Chiffs thanks very much for the info much appreciated. How do I install the vtec indicator and where to get one from? Also, sorry if I am being dumb but where do the led side lights go? Is it a replacement that goes with the HID's on the actual front lights? Where do I get starter button from and is it easy to install? One more question for you guys, have any of you installed front fogs? Can I just get these from Honda?

Many thanks guys!

Jay

LED sidelights in the front headlight, reason for adding these is that when you fit hids it make your sidlight look very yellow/amber in colour compaired to the very bright and white hids.

If you have a facelift then in the headlights you will have 3 bulbs. Sidelights - small dim ones on outer edge near the top. Others being dip and main beam.

To replace the bulbs you have to get to the back of the headlights by removing part of the arch liner that clips to the wings. Think it is in the how to section.

Vtec light is availiable from RickHondaR (£15 i think) on here and comes with fitting instructions.

He also does several other bits like polished gearknobs and footwell lighting kits (jdm copy style).

Your welcome to the help, thats what the forums are for.

Regards Chiffs

Back