• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mods and when to notify insurance company

Right guys and gals - as most know i came home from the ADH meet with a Spoon N1 back box on the car.

- Do i need to tell elephant (who insure me)?
- If i do, when do i tell them Now or re-newal time?
- If i have to tell them and tell them now will they ask for for money now or wait till re-newal?
- Anyone else had any experience with elephant and mods - are they ok with them???

Sorry for all the questions and cheers in advance

You must tell them now and if there an increase in premium you'll have to pay it now. :wink:

Its best to ring and check how much before you get any mods done. :wink:

If you don't tell them and need to make a claim they'll be all =; :smt018 :smt102 and you'll be :( :cry: :smt089

When I was with Directline I was given a 20% power band to play with. If I added Induction/Zorst or any other mods I was required to declare them over the phone but would suffer no fee unless I was 20% over the OEM power claim. :D

Now with Norwich Union this is not the case. :x Hence the lack of mods after zorst and induction. :lol:

Scousefella said:
When I was with Directline I was given a 20% power band to play with. If I added Induction/Zorst or any other mods I was required to declare them over the phone but would suffer no fee unless I was 20% over the OEM power claim. :D

Now with Norwich Union this is not the case. :x Hence the lack of mods after zorst and induction. :lol:

Right so if they ask about power gains what do i say??

(i know i'm a noob but i'm pretty sure that just adding a Spoon N1 won't really make any difference power wise)

monkey boy kev said:
Scousefella said:

Right so if they ask about power gains what do i say??

(i know i'm a noob but i'm pretty sure that just adding a Spoon N1 won't really make any difference power wise)

Less than 10%. :wink: 8)

Right just got off the phone to India!!!!!!!

Anyway, no fuss i just said that i have changed the exhaust for an aftermarket one and i that i wanted to let them know.

No questions about which one, how much power gain etc etc. Just said that in the event of an accident they would only replace with standard as per manufacture. And the additional cost is £32.00.

Does that sound about right :?

monkey boy kev said:

Anyway, no fuss i just said that i have changed the exhaust for an aftermarket one and i that i wanted to let them know.

No questions about which one, how much power gain etc etc. Just said that in the event of an accident they would only replace with standard as per manufacture. And the additional cost is £32.00.

There are companies that would want more than £32.00 fella - sounds fairy muff. 8)

Scousefella said:
monkey boy kev said:

There are companies that would want more than £32.00 fella - sounds fairy muff. 8)

From browsing the 'other forum' it seems that this fee is purely admin. It would seem from what i can make out elephant allow upto 6' basic' mods before things get sticky

monkey boy kev said:
Scousefella said:
monkey boy kev said:

From browsing the 'other forum' it seems that this fee is purely admin. It would seem from what i can make out elephant allow upto 6' basic' mods before things get sticky

Admin as in "Easy Charge for sweet FA"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I called A-Plan with a list of mods the length of my arm...the guy got fed up of asking "any more?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

No charge at all though - that included the spoon springs, HKS cat back, Toda Mani, Mugen bonnet, the new wheels & the K-pro :shock:

Very surprised - and impressed 8)

Back