• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MPG!

Just calculated my mpg with the new fuel hikes. I do 25 miles a day round trip to work and a little town driving. Put £30 in on Sat and calculated 23.6 litres @ 126.9p. I covered 155 miles driving like an utter p%&^$er on the motorway @ 60 and never over 3k. So by my calculations im getting roughly 29mpg. What am i doing wrong in my driving style to not be getting the claimed mid 30's mpg on here?

Sounds about right mate. I got 32 once on a long journey.

Only takes a few quick blasts to drop that average. Have you been idling your car to defrost it at all? That effected mine alot

Iv got a type-r, yes. I idled my car once this week mate to rid frost from windscreen and that was it. Im not moaning bout mpg as its pretty reasonable considering performance. My mate scooby gets like half that lol.

ay i said it used more not that bad ***..... LOL

your mate might want to seal his leaky tank ;-)

i think the best ive had out of the ep3 was 37.222 or somthing like that anyway i do drive a bit like a grandad

I got about 35 ish on a journey, but god, it was boring! I also have got 22 ish, which was much more fun!

I now have a lupo sport and get 40 ish on a journey (still driving like an old man)

Its always likely to be in the mid twenties, unless you drive like a $%^&, in which case you will either see low thirties or mid teens dependant on what kind of $%^& you are being!

Yeah I would agree with a lot of what is being said; 29 is in fact pretty good! I've had 34 but that was over a long journey with minimal acceleration/gear changes etc

I like to think what we lose MPG wise, we make up for in Honda's incredible reliability:- low maintenance costs! :p

At the end of the day though, you get to a point where motoring costs a shed load anyway, I'm just going to enjoy my car without worrying about what I'm spending (within reason!) while I can before motoring becomes too expensive full stop!

hmm... normally when im running low, i just fill her up to a full tank and reset one of the trips on the dash. Typically i get about 200 miles out of a tank driving about the place at the weekend or going to a meet etc. which works out about 18mpg if my maths is any good lol.

did a motorway trip once when i first bought the car (which i'd never do again, exhaust is far too loud!) and got just over 300 to a tank. Roughly 28/29mpg which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.

I've got a spread sheet of every tank, how much it cost, how many miles I got and mpg.

I know it geeky but my fuel costs were spiralling out of control.

I'll post it if people are interested?

I managed to do about 120 miles to a full tank booting it around one morning. Now that's pretty Sh1te :( I normally get about 250 miles out of it driving 8 miles to work each day.

I've got a spread sheet of every tank, how much it cost, how many miles I got and mpg.

I know it geeky but my fuel costs were spiralling out of control.

I'll post it if people are interested?

Go on then.

Though it probably only tells us how heavy your right foot is each month.

Back