• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 MPG

I have trip A reset when I fill the tank and trip B I reset from service to service.

Imo not as good as the FK2 but all winter driver at the moment but best I have had is 42.4mpg going to Preston Hospital and average over 3k I have owned the car is just over 30mpg were the FK2 was around 33mpg.

FUEL used 95% of the time is Tesco unleaded with one fill up in 2 or 3 being the super unleaded

I'm of the camp that believes that an engine needs to be run using a wide range of revs at different intervals in different gears up and down hills, sitting on the motorway at 70mph is not doing the engine any favours, how ever revving the nuts off it from day 1 isn't sensible. I bed my engine in within 500 miles, now happy to use full revs, engine feels really sweet and the getting a bit more throaty.

Won’t do any harm but I’m sure these engines are bedded on the bench now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm driving like a granny and getting above 35 mpg consistently.
One of my trips I got 39.9 mpg according to the Trip Meter.

I then ragged it one of my other trips and got 19 mpg.

Coming from a MK2 Focus ST, this car is on the other end of the economical scale for me as the Focus felt like it had a hole in the fuel tank. £62-65 quid for a full tank that thing was and it lasted 260-280 miles.
This FK8 costs around £47-48 for a full tank and lasts 310+ miles, I can already feel my pockets filling up with cash.

I can remember the trips I had to Nurburg in my Focus, around the GP Track I managed a lovely 10 mpg and a full tank lasting around 130 miles haha.
Really looking forward to taking the FK8 to Germany.

I keep driving like I stole it.. I feel like I spend a great deal of time at the pump though;) Certainly thirstier than my old FK2

I keep driving like I stole it.. I feel like I spend a great deal of time at the pump though;) Certainly thirstier than my old FK2

Haha, I have done 600 miles in mine, so I am starting to rag it a little bit more ;)

get the pipercross filter, you boost for the fun of it, that really helps the mpg as well if you like a certain girl behind the greggs counter at your local Esso :lol:

Back