• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

God £6K for all the work you've done = a BARGAIN! 6 months ago I would have taken your whole arm off for it ......

Best of luck with the sale!

MM.

Thanks very much. Lets hope all those potential buyers out there share your enthusiasm.

I've been from a midly modded track EP3 straight into an E46 M3 which I modified for track, then back to my current heavily modded EP3. I had the same bug you did!

The M3 is a lot less exciting if I'm honest. It's just not got the urgency of the Type-R, the mental, buzzy insanity. It's a bit more laid back when pushing hard. It does obviously challenge and reward you in other ways with it being RWD.

My best advice is if you do for an M3, buy one ready modded for track. Because (much like the car you're selling) - you can pick something up with track mods for a fraction of the cost of modifying a standard M3 yourself. Try and get something with BBK, sorted suspension and square wheel setup. All essentials. Bear in mind engine tuning is stupidly expensive on these.

Oh and SMG is an absolute must if you're taking it on track.

Thanks very much. Yeah, I had an E92 M3 and it was hideously expensive to mod, I expect the same with an E46. Your mods list sounds like an idea starting point and that's the kind of car i'll aim to get.

Instead of spending £4-6K min. on top of the Civic and another £7-10K modding it - how about a getting a supercharger for the EP3? Got to be an easy 300+ bhp and so more bhp/ton than an E46 could muster without forced induction (and an even more hideous cost implication) .....

I did consider this option but the draw of a N/A RWD car is too big. I do love FI and although I've never owned a supercharged car I have driven one and thought it was great but I've missed doing big skids under power since I got rid of the E92 M3 and I want the best of both worlds.

Being fast and a bit naughty with the rear here and there is where it is at.

I need another CTR in my life.

Since selling my track CTR I've missed my Type R a lot. The next will be my forth.

I have £5000 waiting (more for an exceptional car)

I'm after a car with some or all if possible of the following-

Hondata
CAI or similar
Inlet manifold
Cat back exhaust

Coilovers
Castor increase bushes
Polybushed
Engine/gearbox mount
Rear camber arms
Rear ARB

Qualife LSD or similar
New clutch/flywheel

BBK or decent pads, discs and braided lines

Cam chain/tensioners etc if mileage is high

I appreciate thats a fair few mods but I'm willing to pay for a complete car.
I would want a N/A car still and ideally would like a club spec'd CTR. Although I loved the Nurburgring track weapon it was that bit too hardcore for the road, so somewhere in between would be ideal.

Thanks.

Great video but I need to grow some to go to the Ring, although good to hear a "review" on the Pagid RS29 , I've ordered some to go with new OEM disks for Spa in October...

I've seen this video over on Pistonheads before, superb effort there. Hopefully you will find another one and get that time you're chasing.

Back