• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Airbox - Scoop difference between EP3 & DC5?

As above, I have been looking at Mugen Airboxes but am confused between the DC5 and EP3 scoops, and cannot find anything about it on here or on Google. And before anyone says about the Gruppem/Tegiwa, I prefer the OEM look of the Mugen box. Also it's possible to get the Mugen one cheaper than the Tegiwa version if you buy used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scoop on the EP3 goes straight from the front grille, for best results Mugen say to use the Mugen grille too as they are designed to work together and to maximise the airflow. I've never seen one for a DC5 but I think the scoop is a slightly different shape as the grille is shaped differently on the DC5 but again it is designed to be used in conjunction with the Mugen grille.

Hi Lewis.
I've been following your threads on pistonheads, didn't realise you were on here too.

I have no idea of the differences, but I currently have one for a DC5 on its way to me. I can send you some pictures if you like for you to compare to some for EP3 if you can find some..

Oh, and I'll be using it conjunction with standard front bumper/grill. I'm sure it feeds it fine :)

Hi Lewis.
I've been following your threads on pistonheads, didn't realise you were on here too.

I have no idea of the differences, but I currently have one for a DC5 on its way to me. I can send you some pictures if you like for you to compare to some for EP3 if you can find some..

Oh, and I'll be using it conjunction with standard front bumper/grill. I'm sure it feeds it fine :)

I get about! :D

Ok thanks dude. If you could put some photos up that would be good. It's difficult to tell even searching the photos online. I don't plan to use the mugen grill you see.

Hi Lewis,

I see you've bought one now, it looks a great buy!. Apologies for the late reply..

The scoops are indeed different, here's mine (excuse the cropped picture):

2ffe11f31d8fdef526d129c5fad1adcd_zps58f8664c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dude. Thanks for that :) I see I have the correct scoop for mine then as it's different to yours! Your car looks great do you have a blog? Sound good don't they?! :D

Hi dude. Thanks for that :) I see I have the correct scoop for mine then as it's different to yours! Your car looks great do you have a blog? Sound good don't they?! :D

Thanks mate.
I don't really have a blog, sorry. I'm not much of a poster on this forum, more of a lurker ;)
I spend most my surfing time over on the DC5 forum.

The Mugen is a great intake, I love it! Previously had a Gruppe-M for about 5 years, but got bored and a change was needed :)

Keep up the good work on the Civic! I'll either be following here or on PH.

Ah I see. Ok well a link to some pics of your car would be cool. I'd love a DC5 next they have really grown on me. Yours looks nice. Subtle mods that's what I like.

I am pleased with the mugen intake although I do think it reduces torque somewhat compared to the OEM box with hondata mod. We shall see. I need to get a new tps as mine isn't quite right so will see if that improves things too.

You don't have a blog?? Lol that's an epic blog! :D Just read through it all. Amazing car dude I love it. I'd have mine the same of I had one.

Hopefully can stretch to a DC5 after I've bought a gaff and sold the Civic. That will be a while yet as still really enjoying the EP3! ;)

Back