• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen airbox

Ive recently bought a mugen airbox second hand and the air feed pipe is missing. Any ideas on where i could find one from or what i could do to solve the problem?

Suggestions please would be greatly aprriciated

Thanks

I bought it second hand and the feed pipe that goes to the grill wasnt there. Ive used the oem pipe but its abit short

some people use tape to secure it, but when i had mine i left it exposed. didnt effect any performance or heat soak.

Ok cheers for that, dint you have the feed pipe that comes with a new one either? I was just a bit worried because the oem is not a great fit to the mugen airbox. Did you rate the airbox when you had it on yours?

i used the existing rubber hose to feed cold air into the airbox. It was only 1 inches short but it was facing towards the directions of the airbox hole (if u know what i mean)
At the time i bought it second hand for £200, not bad if your on a budget.
I had it mapped with a k100 ecu and notice some noise in high revs. Nothing major but slightly louder than the stock airbox.
But overal i would sugguest to save money for a gruppe m.

Back