• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Airbox

Does anyone have anything good to say about the Mugen airbox? Was really considering this as my first buy. Like the idea of keeping things along the honda/ mugen route rather than other makes. I can see where people are coming from with the other makes. Surely Mugen know a thing or two about tuning the Honda engines.

Also, is the Airbox the best start for tuning the CTR? Or is a new exhaust the way to go? Anyone able to tell me a bit about re-maping the ECU? so many treads on here spent all morning trying to look for stuff on the mugen airbox. :confused:

Cheers Peeps

Not worth the money IMO. There are better kits out there for sure.

Intake and exhaust are most common mods. Once you get into race headers and inlet manfolds you certainly need a remap. Most people go the Hondata way.

Right, Mugen is nice, but very very expansive.

Expensive is not always the best.

The best air filter/induction kit is the Gruppe 'M which is mighty expensive. ( There will be used one for sale very soon though ;)) .

The Mugen one is ok though.

Airbox is the first thing I changed on my CTR (Gruppe 'M), however another superb place to start is the chassis, get a Fast Road Set Up done and you will have a superb base to start with. This adjusts the angle and alaingment of the wheels to improve stance and grip.

To map your ECU you will need a moddified ECU (K100) or a aftermarket unit Kpro. This will allow you to alter the air/fule ratio to gain the best out of your mods, its much like teh icing in teh cake, teh last thing you should do, to get the car all singing together nicely.

You need to be looking at this when you have reached the stage of induction/manifold/cat back.

Cheers for the replies. Really helpful!

Sorry another of couple questions. If i replaced the Induction, Manifold + racing cat and the exhaust system would i need a re-map? I gather it would help but would it be a bad idea if I didn't?

Best place to have the re-map done?

Cheers for this, I,m new to Honda tuning. On my previous Car it would have been a big no no to replace induction and manifold, exhaust without a remap.

Thanks!

Right, Mugen is nice, but very very expansive.

Expensive is not always the best.

The best air filter/induction kit is the Gruppe 'M which is mighty expensive. ( There will be used one for sale very soon though ;)) .

The Mugen one is ok though.

Airbox is the first thing I changed on my CTR (Gruppe 'M), however another superb place to start is the chassis, get a Fast Road Set Up done and you will have a superb base to start with. This adjusts the angle and alaingment of the wheels to improve stance and grip.

To map your ECU you will need a moddified ECU (K100) or a aftermarket unit Kpro. This will allow you to alter the air/fule ratio to gain the best out of your mods, its much like teh icing in teh cake, teh last thing you should do, to get the car all singing together nicely.

You need to be looking at this when you have reached the stage of induction/manifold/cat back.

^^^^^ Well put & i agree, i do have the mugen airbox but i did get it very cheap other wise i would have kept the std airbox & dropped a filter in it instead.

i got the mugen box on dc5, i like it, it revs smother and picks up faster now

I think the key to the box is to have a mugen bumper/dc5 or mugen grill/ep3 for the cold feed to work best

i also got it cheap second hand, before this i had std airbox with hondata mod and spoon filter.

But the mugen box i feel is alot better than std box with drop in filter

Back