• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mugen ecu

ianvtec

Banned
HI,IM AFTER BEEN OFFERED A MUGEN ECU FOR MY 2003 CTR EURO SPEC. BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WONT WORK ON MY CAR AS THE ECU IS FOR A JAP SPEC CTR . CAN ANY1 HELP ME, IS THIS TRUE, WHY WONT IT WORK.

CAPS LOCK OFF UNLESS YOU'RE SHOUTING PLEASE

In answer to your question, the Mugen ECU's are based on the K20A engine as found in the JDM ITR and JDM CTR. The Euro CTR uses a K20A2 engine, it has lower compression, different cams, pistons, revlimit and ECU. Thus fitting a Mugen ECU may work, but it certainly won't work to it's true potential.

If you want to alter the ECU on a Euro CTR the only realistic option (for those without huge budgets) is one of Hondata's ECU upgades.

See: www.hondata.com

HTH

ianvtec said:
thats brill thanks mate, didnt want to get stung with a worthless ecu.

As Paul said its for the JDM car.
You can get it to work but the wiring harness is different on the JDM cars so you will need to make some changes, PLUS you will need a wideband lambda sensor and they are about £200. It wont work otherwise. :wink:

Back