• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen N1 or Kpro

Hey all, I know Kpro is more adaptable and great because the amount of times you can continuously change the map.
However at the moment I have a Mugen N1 ecu, is there much point in changing ecu's. Would I see that big a differance?

I'm not entirely sure if I will be adding cam's or TB's. So is there much point in changing from the Mugen?

Thanks

the mugen will be set for specific mods, and you'll not be able to change it

if you can find out what these mods are, then it might be worth a shot if you have them...but otherwise i'd say K-Pro is the way to go (or K100 if you're on a budget and don't need the extra features of K-Pro)

Am I right in thinking that when you get the k100 it can only be mapped once. So if I did change any mods I would need another k100?

I know that the mugen ecu will be pretty much set up for all mugen products. I have a differant intake manifold and induction kit so probaly won't be running the best possibly.

nah the K100 just needs a tuner to remap it - it can be done as many times as you like, you just can't mess about with it yourself! some people prefer this.

i reckon the mugen would probably be setup for Mugen Airbox, Mugen Manifold and Mugen Twinloop catback...i don't see it being setup for any internals, just the basics

The Mugen ECU will be set up for a Mugen car, ie, Mugen exhaust, filter, etc....

These are good for bolt on mods and a bolt on ECU, ie if you don't have access to a mapper or tuner.

The K100 is a KPro without some of the extra benifits.

A K100 can be mapped as many times as you like.

Most tuners will create/develop a map on a KPro, then simply transfer the map over to the K100 and install that to the car.

If it's possible always go for the bespoke K100 over the fixed map tunning house ECU's, you will get better results and fine tune your car to a better standard than you ever will with a fixed map.

Mugen runs in WOT the whole time and has a rev limit over 9000rpm, not ideal for a road car at all.

There's a reason most mapped Honda's run Hondata ECUs.

That's alot of information to take in haha.

Right I see, I'm kinda thinking I might have to sell or swap my Mugen ECU as the k100 would be best. As I'm not entirely to sure what to do when trying to change the map on my own car.KPRO would kind of be wasted on me.

Does anyone know if there is a garage that would sell k100 and map in scotland. Closest place I think would be TDI-North might be wrong though. Has anyone else used tdi-North? Off hand what is the cost of K100 and mapping?

Looking forward to see the results as have a few mods on the go. At the moment I have RRC inlet manifold, Gruppe M, Mugen exhaust manifold and finally Mugen twinloop. Though Kinda wishing I could get a hold of an RMO1 or a Amuse R1.

TDI North are who I'd recommend, they are great Hondata tuners, you're better off calling them up though and getting a quote, I think it's around £750 to supply and map.

You have a Mugen exhaust manifold :shock: .

TDi North are very highly rated and yes, if you can get down there its well worth it.

K100 fitted and mapped is about £750 IIRC.

Yeh I've heard only good things about tdi north. Just out of interest, is k100 a piggy back ecu like kpro. For example would I need to take down my normal ecu to get it mapped and working?

Yeh the exhaust manifold came in on the car from japan...still got the instructions and receipts for it :)

dude, there's a tuner in Scotland you can use...Henry Roy, would save you driving all the way to TDi

however he can't map the K100's, he can only do K-Pro at the moment

you'd get a second hand KPro for less than the cost of a new K100...

essentially yes, the K100 is a piggyback ECU, so is the KPro

I think I've heard of Henry, he did a rolling road day for type r Scotland a while ago. Hes meant to be very good, but the problem is getting a secong hand kpro. They are like gold dust.
Plus once you get the kpro it still needs mapped so would be overall more expensive. Saying that I would still rather have kpro just trying to track one down is the problem.

Back