• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Parts!

Hi! New to the forum and new to CTRs & already hooked!
I know there's alot of mixed reviews about the mugen CTR but me personally, I love it! Does anyone know where I can get hold of the grill and maybe the rear spoiler? I have found a couple of each but £1400 for a spoiler I feel is slightly excessive?! Currently got a nighthawk black FN2 CTR GT and love her! Also thinking of putting a 100cell sports cat on (anyone know if insurance will want to know about this?) I also love the sound of the mugen CTR (not mugen 200)!
Who agrees?

Touge Distribution for Japanese parts FTW.

It'd be prudent to advise your insurance of any modifications you make to the car, be it front grill or sports cat.

The full fat Mugen FN2 does sound fantastic. The whole exhaust and intake set-up is about £4-£5k IIRC (Header, intake, exhaust). There is finally a variety of exhausts available for the FN2.

Civinfo is a site dedicated to the new shape Civic; naturally, a lot of products have been tested and reviewed on that site - you might find it useful also.

Welcome.

Hello and welcome to the Forum bud.

As TypeRiter has said, Touge is a good source of Jap parts. James@Tougge is one the UK agents and is a member on here.

I would personally steer clear of sport cats. They aren't guaranteed to pass MOTs and are still pretty restrictive.

Either go for the Mugen one if you have deep pockets or get a decat manifold and get the car remapped with Flashpro and expect to pay big money swapping your manifold over come MOT time. Of course if you can find a friendly MOT tester to negate the need to swap the manifolds over, all the better.

This guy has gone for the look you are talking about. His is a seriously nice car!

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?71907-My-NHB-FN2

TDi North are an official seller for Mugen Parts.

I'm afraid they're going to be expensive wherever you look.

Siebon made more affordable mugen replica parts for the previous civic model, but that was because that model was available in the US and seibon are an American company. Unfortunately the FN2 model never made it to the states afaik so the R&D into FN2 parts from American companies is limited at best.

Thanks people! I know they're going to be expensive :( but worth it I think! I love the car as it is so I'm not desperate for any mods, but I want to make it kinda individual...thinking of having it sprayed a metallic White with metal flakes in summer...not too sure ***! Black looks gorgeous but nearly kills me with cleaning n polishing etc lol!

Back