• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Pedals £40

not at £40.00 no - they don't HASNIC -

hey but they're such a bargain maybe you should splash out on a set for your CR-V?

I bought mine from a different seller a while back and they were about £40-£50 IIRC.
They were a good price at the time, the only downside being that they were in Hong Kong so took a few weeks to arrive. The average price at that time was £80-£90 so still good prices either way.

Pedals.jpg

Where did you get the footrest from???

Form Dotty when he stripped his EP3.
I believe it's from a DC5 and are quite hard to get hold of.

They are far too cheap to be real. Even if they're discontinued.

I think they're replica, I wouldn't call them crap as such...they're made quite well. Just that after a while, the meshy part of the 2 small pedals will come off (they're only stuck on with general purpose glue). You then need to stick them back on using JB Weld or similar.

The new generation Mugen pedals have a brushed finish gas pedal. The other 2 pedals have the Mugen logo in line.
See here:
46545-XG5-K2S0.jpg

As for the replicated instructions and packaging....you'd be quite surprised how good the fake trade in China is these days

Fake
IWC-158.jpg

Real
iwc-top-gun-iw0583P.jpg

What do you mean by "The other 2 pedals have the Mugen logo in line"

My pedals have the Mugen logo on them, but I did need to restick the mesh on one of them - I just used superglue.

Seems an awful lot of trouble to go to if they are fake, replicating the packaging etc but even if they are, there are no working parts to worry about and they look great.:smt102

What do you mean by "The other 2 pedals have the Mugen logo in line"

My pedals have the Mugen logo on them, but I did need to restick the mesh on one of them - I just used superglue.

Seems an awful lot of trouble to go to if they are fake, replicating the packaging etc but even if they are, there are no working parts to worry about and they look great.:smt102

On the new generation of Mugen pedals; the etched logo is the Kanji script on the left, with "Mugen" on the right. The old style had the Kanji above the "Mugen"

Image.jpg

It is a lot of trouble to replicate packinging...but if you think of a whole cottage industry where international internet sellers can rip off the unsuspecting buyer...it is worth the trouble...

By the way, my "Mugen" pedals are also the eBay fakes....£30. They do the job and look fine as they are, so there's no way I'd pay full price for the genuines.

DSC_00152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to ask this again but exactly how do you tell the difference between fake and genuine ?

Thanks

Sorry to ask this again but exactly how do you tell the difference between fake and genuine ?

Thanks

With great difficulty it would seem.

ImportR describes the differences between the older type and new generation of Mugen pedals above, but how you are supposed to know whether the older, more commom style are fake or not is a bit of a lottery especially if the fakers are going to the bother of producing genuine looking packaging and instructions too.

Bottom line, I suppose it comes down to cost. If you definately want non-fakes got to somewhere like VTEC Direct who import from Japan but at a cost of approx £140 - but you then have some guarantee that they are genuine.

If that is too steep for you, go for the ones on eBay. They may not be genuine but as they are only pedals not a lot can go wrong. I paid about £40 for mine from Hong Kong and I'm more than happy with them. :smt023

On the contrary, if you were deliberately aiming for a fake set of Mugens, how much would you want to pay?

I just sold a set of copies for £30 posted on CTRO.
Those Ebay items are fake. too shiny, dodgy packaging and if you could see the rear I'll bet they don't have the part number cast into them.
But if you like th elook then thats cool. I sold mine as I didn't like them.

If you search the bay properly you can get them for £20 ;)

Back