• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Pedals (Don't fit an 04?)

My Mugen Pedals have finally arrived, following all the hassle I had with a few group buys :wink: :evil:
Unit 8 sorted me out and they arrived today :p Cheers Stevie.

I have fitted the brake and clutch within a few minutes and they look great.

I have a few questions about fitting the accelerator pedal. The instructions (all in Japanese ](*,) )show that you must drill them.
The problem is it specifies 2 different dimensions to drill

One dimension is for a EP3 100 the other is for a EP3 110 anyone know which one I use.

The other query I have, is the clamps that you have to fit similar to those fitted on the brake and clutch. I can see there is no way they will fit and clamp onto the accelerator arrangement. :?:

Hopefully I can get it sorted at the weekend, but the brake and clutch look 8)

Send a pm to Julian (hovblackctr) as he has fitted some and knows about fitting them, he does say how to on the other forum but where abouts and what section they will be in now I do not know :lol:

Carl

Oh could you take a pic once they are on, would be interested to see what they look like :D

Paul i've replied to your PM on the accelerator bit, i didn't use any clamps on it just used four screws, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom.

If you need any more info let me know.

Lottie here is a pic of mine fitted i have found.

I got mine from Unit 8 for £116.10, with no worries about import duty etc.

Still haven't had time to play with the accelerator pedal yet.

paul.goffin said:
I got mine from Unit 8 for £116.10, with no worries about import duty etc.

Still haven't had time to play with the accelerator pedal yet.

Oh right, the price I got was from Stevie's post about the Mugen bits :?

Must of come down a bit since

Carl

Well after a lot of hard work I still can't get the accelerator fitted :cry:

I took the pedal assembly completely off, so i could get a better look. It appears the 04 CTR pedals are completly different to the one shown in the japanese instructions :?

The instructions indicate you can get the rubber section off, which then allows you to drill the metal part to mount the Mugen pedal, but on my 04 the rubber is built into the pedal.
The only option I have is to drill into the rubber :shock: which i think would look cr*p and mean the pedals would have to stay on the car. When I was hoping to sell them on when I trade on the car.

I have attached some pics to show what I mean

DSCN0501.jpg

What the instructions says

DSCN0497.jpg

What I found

DSCN0499.jpg

Sorry I thought the pedals came with some sort of clamp that allowed then to be mounted onto the accelerator bar :oops: :lol: :arrow:

planet_page™ said:
Sorry I thought the pedals came with some sort of clamp that allowed then to be mounted onto the accelerator bar :oops: :lol: :arrow:

Unfourtantly not, cheers for the help anyway.

quick update, looks like the facelift accelerator pedal has changed! :shock: :roll:

Both Paul & Carl are gonna see what they can do with the pedal off the car.

On the pre facelifts the metal cover comes off with a bit of force so it's easier to fit. :(

Back