• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen Rear Spoiler.

Can someone please tell me how to take the OE rear spoiler off and fit a Mugen one please as I'm unsure how to do it
thumb.gif

Also does anyone have any pics of one fitted to a Cosmic and colour coded not CF.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun.

Open the boot, take off the plastic cover, clips out pretty easily.

Disconnect the brake light connection, I would tape it up also. Undo the 4 bolts I think it is and take off. Pretty easy.

In reverse to put on, alot easier if you have someone to hold it in place

Do you mean that long strip of plastic that runs across the top of the rear window? If so how does this come off is there a certain way I unclip it so I dont damage it?

When I open my boot theres 2 bolts either side of the window do these need undoing?

Do you mean that long strip of plastic that runs across the top of the rear window? If so how does this come off is there a certain way I unclip it so I dont damage it?

You just have to prize it off basically..

When I open my boot theres 2 bolts either side of the window do these need undoing?

Yes, just follow the lines of the spoiler and it will be obvious which two bolts need undoing :D

Thanks for that Dotty. My Mate who owns a body shop I take my bits & pieces to for spraying said he will fit it FOC after he has sprayed it up.

Also was wondering what people do for a highline brake light as the one on the CTR is attached to the spoiler. Do they just go without?

Shaun.

Thanks for that Dotty. My Mate who owns a body shop I take my bits & pieces to for spraying said he will fit it FOC after he has sprayed it up.

Also was wondering what people do for a highline brake light as the one on the CTR is attached to the spoiler. Do they just go without?

Shaun.

I have heard of people getting the Civic sport brake light. I think Marty did that, I just go without.

By the way it takes literally about 10 mins to take one spoiler off and put another on ;)

By the way it takes literally about 10 mins to take one spoiler off and put another on ;)

Yeah, I had a little look earlier and took that piece of plastic trim off you was on about. Its just a case of taking a few bolts out then bolting the new one in its place.

Is the OE spoiler stuck on / sealed with anything like mastic??

Yeah, I had a little look earlier and took that piece of plastic trim off you was on about. Its just a case of taking a few bolts out then bolting the new one in its place.

Is the OE spoiler stuck on / sealed with anything like mastic??

Not really no, it just comes off :D

I have heard of people getting the Civic sport brake light. I think Marty did that, I just go without.

I didn't in the end mate. After looking at the cost of all the bits needed and it ends up half hidden by the blade anyway, I've done without

Back